Hey guys! I'm hyped to slowly save up to build a better gaming rig with a Vive, but as the thread title says... are there any games that take full advantage of the Vive's room-scale VR that are legitimately fun, fully fleshed-out games? Or in other words, are we still at Wii Sports, or is there a Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword around too?
    10-13-2016 11:32 PM
    Hey! I've got a Vive, and I love playing Vivecraft, which is a Minecraft mod that makes PC version of the game room scale. I also play Cloudlands: VR Minigolf, which now has a course editor. Tabletop Simulator is fantastic as well.
    10-14-2016 01:31 AM
    Hey guys! I'm hyped to slowly save up to build a better gaming rig with a Vive, but as the thread title says... are there any games that take full advantage of the Vive's room-scale VR that are legitimately fun, fully fleshed-out games? Or in other words, are we still at Wii Sports, or is there a Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword around too?
    To be honest, no, there's no AAA complete game out there yet. Raw Data will be but it's not complete yet. Vanishing Realms comes close since it's complete but it's not really a AAA game, in my humble opinion. But that dosent mean you can't have fun. For instance, the "game" I'm having most fun is a free experience called Rec Room. Check it out.

Cheers
    danboarder likes this.
    10-14-2016 05:05 AM
    Ahh that makes sense for sure... yeah, I definitely don't mean to underplay even the fun of so-called tech demos, because I'm sure they are still a totally new, and fun, experience to be had in VR. That's cool though, I hadn't known about Vivecraft! I'll definitely look into that. And of course, Tabletop Simulator makes perfect sense for VR. I didn't know about Raw Data, Vanishing Realms, or Rec Room though so I'm gonna go check them out!
    10-14-2016 11:36 PM
    Ahh that makes sense for sure... yeah, I definitely don't mean to underplay even the fun of so-called tech demos, because I'm sure they are still a totally new, and fun, experience to be had in VR. That's cool though, I hadn't known about Vivecraft! I'll definitely look into that. And of course, Tabletop Simulator makes perfect sense for VR. I didn't know about Raw Data, Vanishing Realms, or Rec Room though so I'm gonna go check them out!
    Check them out and tell me what you think. It's a pity you can try the Vive on someone else's house.
    10-15-2016 07:32 AM
    Eve Valkyrie is supposed to get Vive support this year
    krisguy likes this.
    10-15-2016 09:54 AM
    Eve Valkyrie is supposed to get Vive support this year
    In my opinion the best VR games are the ones that are developed from start with VR in mind, not the ones that gain support afterwards.
    10-15-2016 10:34 AM
    I second a recommendation for Rec room. Visual's are not the greatest but it has fun in spades. VR Pool Nation and A chair in a room also seem much more than tech demo's to me. Lucky's tale is fun for a while although it has a couple of areas that get fps drops using Revive at the moment.
    krisguy and danboarder like this.
    10-15-2016 11:43 AM
    I second a recommendation for Rec room. Visual's are not the greatest but it has fun in spades. VR Pool Nation and A chair in a room also seem much more than tech demo's to me. Lucky's tale is fun for a while although it has a couple of areas that get fps drops using Revive at the moment.
    I've bought Vanishing Realms, Raw Data and pool nation but the most fun is actually rec room, a free game/experience. It's funny when I think about it.
    Do you really recommend buying a chair in a room? I love horror movies to be honest.

Cheers
    10-15-2016 06:18 PM
    We are working on a series of story adventure games, built in a universe of the macabre. But we are somewhere between tech demo and full release --- not in the middle yet. Content takes a long time to build out, and the SteamVR SDK specifically has only really become "usable" for larger scale games recently. Just needs a bit of time for the market to mature
    krisguy likes this.
    10-15-2016 10:27 PM
    Check them out and tell me what you think. It's a pity you can try the Vive on someone else's house.
    They actually do look pretty awesome... now just to find someone with a Vive that I can try them out on haha. I'm also hoping Daydream pans out well, especially in the realm of games... I know it's not the same as something like the Oculus or Vive, it's greater accessibility (cheaper price for a broke college kid) means it's prooobably going to end up being what I start with, but I'm definitely hoping to slowly start ordering parts for a more VR-capable PC.
    10-16-2016 12:00 AM
    IMO the best experiences are the tech demos! The weird, quirky shorter experiences that don't overstay their welcome are the best! These are experiences impossible to have any other way. More traditional games in a headset sounds so... boring? Honestly I think longform games just wouldn't work for a headset like this. Chillin' in VR for any longer than an hour at a time doesn't sound great.
    10-16-2016 04:41 AM
    I've bought Vanishing Realms, Raw Data and pool nation but the most fun is actually rec room, a free game/experience. It's funny when I think about it.
    Do you really recommend buying a chair in a room? I love horror movies to be honest.

Cheers
    I've not finished it so can't really say but what I have played of it has been impressive. I was bracing myself for jump scares but they are timed so well they still freaked me out. I've had to use the hint system a couple of time's and even then I got stuck on one bit. Stranded on a boat. I was rocking the boat like a madman by moving side to side across my room. Must have been amusing if anyone could see me through my window. I had to google what to do in the end. Testament to it's innovation though really.
    10-16-2016 04:44 AM
    Also The Gallery: Episode 1 - Call of the Starseed is the highest fidelity/most polished game I've played. Very well done. I just hope they can get enough funding to make more episodes.
    10-16-2016 04:45 AM
    I've not finished it so can't really say but what I have played of it has been impressive. I was bracing myself for jump scares but they are timed so well they still freaked me out. I've had to use the hint system a couple of time's and even then I got stuck on one bit. Stranded on a boat. I was rocking the boat like a madman by moving side to side across my room. Must have been amusing if anyone could see me through my window. I had to google what to do in the end. Testament to it's innovation though really.
    Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.
    10-16-2016 07:13 AM
    Also The Gallery: Episode 1 - Call of the Starseed is the highest fidelity/most polished game I've played. Very well done. I just hope they can get enough funding to make more episodes.
    Oh man I hadn't heard of that game before... but now I need to hurry and get myself some VR, it looks amazing!
    10-18-2016 01:02 AM
    Oh man I hadn't heard of that game before... but now I need to hurry and get myself some VR, it looks amazing!
    Yeah, I'm going to have a long look at it too
    10-18-2016 03:53 AM
    I just got a Vive as an early Christmas present to myself and am a little bummed at the lack of content. I can't even seem to find any news about upcoming VR games for vive. All the upcoming AAA titles for VR seem to be exclusives for PSVR and Oculus. Has anyone at least heard of any AAA upcoming titles for Vive?
    12-09-2016 09:03 PM
    Arizona Sunshine
    Eagle Flight
    Eve: Valkyrie
    Werewolves Within
    Holopoint

All top notch games that are much more than tech demos. Highly recommended!
    12-15-2016 12:09 PM
    Meant to loop back and update, we do have our first episode (prologue) now in Steam. Free to download the demo and test it out. But it is still prototype http://store.steampowered.com/app/498460
    12-19-2016 08:18 PM