Found an interesting scientific article from the University of Glasgow. They showed how VR could bei used for recovery of Patients who suffered from a traumatic brain injury. As we only talk about potential risks of VR, I think there also are a lot of opportunities to use it e.g. neurological diseases.

PDF File link:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu...fter_Brain.pdf
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-17-2016 06:24 AM
    Sounds like it would be an interesting article, but your link is not working for me.
    10-17-2016 08:42 AM
    As someone who has suffered a TBI I think this would be fascinating to read.

Though I haven't found this exact article, I read a couple on how VR can help motor skills/static balance. I wonder if it could work on the cognitive abilities as well.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-17-2016 11:20 AM
    Well in essence, VR would help retrain portions of the brain for certain functions. In a way it relates to the whole phantom limb research and how that can be used as a gateway to bionic limb use.
    10-18-2016 04:57 PM
    If you consider VR has been used for a while now with U.S. soldiers who suffer from PTSD, than Traumatic Brain Injuries do seem like they would be treatable with VR given it's all brain related.
    10-18-2016 10:43 PM
    My TBI was several years ago, but I remember being really dizzy and foggy for about a month. I wonder if VR could have reduced some of that for me.
    10-19-2016 07:27 AM
    I did some more searching and came across an article in the Brain Injury journal that indicates TBI patients with severe attention deficit and overstimulation as a result of the TBI can greatly benefit from VR because it limits the amount of simulation. I wish I had had access to these tools four years ago and that someone had suggested them to me!
    10-20-2016 05:38 AM