--------------------
    Last edited by rekonga; 07-11-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    10-26-2016 12:35 PM
    Hi! I would like to know wether it is possible to use Vr during a plane flight or while sitting in a car. Also, if it is possible, will it cause motion sickness?
    Yes it's VERY possible. Some theme parks are already doing this via VR rollercoasters....

I rode the Six Flags Superman VR coaster, and it was beyond epic!!! | VRHeads

NOW it MIGHT get you sick it might not, some get sick from VR while standing still, if used for too long!
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-26-2016 02:23 PM
    I do tend to get dizzy and motion sick while using vr in motion, so yes it is possible.
    10-26-2016 05:46 PM
    Thanks! However what I meant was wether or not the car's movement will make watching a movie for example impossible.
    It depends of you, I usually got nausea while watching a movie or read something in a car, not in an plane.

Another thing is you can use you mobile VR headset (usually powered by a smartphone) and it will work in both situations.

The VR headset like the Rift or ViVE will need a powerful computer to run, if you have a gaming laptop powerful enough to run there will be the 3 thing s to consider, first I'm jealous of that! Second you need to setup your sensors, those are a kind of cameras which tracks your VR HMD (head mounted display) it will be very tricky to accomplish, and third you won't have a lot of room to enjoy being in VR.

You make think about it a little I hope I gave a good answer.
    10-27-2016 06:17 PM
    Thanks! However what I meant was wether or not the car's movement will make watching a movie for example impossible.
    It may interfere just a little, more for the shaking than other thing, the HMD usually has an electronic gyroscope to know the position, that's the same device used in airplanes, submarines, satellites and almost everything to know the rotational movement (movement you do in tour own axis) not the translation movement (moving from point A to point B).
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-27-2016 06:24 PM
    I would think that using VR while someone else is driving, a vehicle, boat or flying a plane and using a VR that is specific to that type of transport would be like so real, you would feel everything you see in the VR, imagine the bumps in the road, the wake of the water and the turbulence in the sky, would be so real!
    10-28-2016 03:17 AM
    You can try! If you don't get a headache come back here )
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-28-2016 03:43 AM
    Some VR apps work better than others. For example, the free-floating mode for Netflix on Gear VR lets you watch movies and TV shows while you're in a car. You're unlikely to find the same experience with many games, because the headset has no way of telling whether you are moving your head or the car is turning.

Hope this helps!
    pkcable and amladin like this.
    10-28-2016 12:17 PM
    Thank you very much for all your help! I'll be trying it out for sure and when I do, I'll probably post about my experience here. Thanks again!
    11-02-2016 04:39 AM