I suffer from chronic migraines, will using virtual reality equipment and programs exacerbate it? I want to enjoy this new technology but I don't want crazy migraines.
    05-26-2016 04:28 PM
    My understanding is that migraines are a little different for everyone, so I can only offer anecdotal evidence, but I live with two different people who suffer from chronic migraines and neither have ever had a problem after using either of the several VR headsets I have.
    My understanding is that migraines are a little different for everyone, so I can only offer anecdotal evidence, but I live with two different people who suffer from chronic migraines and neither have ever had a problem after using either of the several VR headsets I have.
    05-26-2016 05:36 PM
    I'm a migraine sufferer myself, so I HAVE done a little research on this. I don't believe there is a direct connection to VR and migraines and I don't believe that VR is a migraine trigger. HOWEVER, prolonged use of VR can cause dizziness and headaches, so you might want to consider doing it in small doses until you see how you tolerate it.
    Russell Holly likes this.
    05-26-2016 08:49 PM
    This is great news. I suffer from migraines and these responses will be taken into consideration.
    05-27-2016 08:40 AM
    This is great news. I suffer from migraines and these responses will be taken into consideration.
    For what its worth, I get migraines REALLY badly - and mine are caused by bright lights and eye strain mostly.

I develop for VR full-time, and I haven't had a headache driven by it yet... But some people are sensitive in different ways. I will say, it definitely won't help
    pkcable likes this.
    05-27-2016 05:23 PM
    For what its worth, I get migraines REALLY badly - and mine are caused by bright lights and eye strain mostly.

I develop for VR full-time, and I haven't had a headache driven by it yet... But some people are sensitive in different ways. I will say, it definitely won't help
    Thank you for the info.
    KermEd likes this.
    05-27-2016 06:30 PM
    I'm a migraine sufferer myself, so I HAVE done a little research on this. I don't believe there is a direct connection to VR and migraines and I don't believe that VR is a migraine trigger. HOWEVER, prolonged use of VR can cause dizziness and headaches, so you might want to consider doing it in small doses until you see how you tolerate it.
    I agree.
    06-06-2016 01:07 AM