Home VRHeads Q&A > Health & Safety

How is walking aroundfor FPS games? Do different games/vr headsets solve problem in different ways?

Asked: Jun 23 2016 | 11:47 am EDT 1267 Views 3 Answers View Best Answer

When playing FPS games how do you walk around? Do I have to physically have to move or is there something that I have to use to move?

Also, do the different games / VR headsets solve the issue of moving?

Best Answer

Jun 29 2016 | 3:31 pm EDT KermEd

Different games and different VR headsets tackle the problem differently. The Vive uses room control and a room changing system (i.e. Teleporting) where Oculus typically uses a gamepad or peripheral.

More Answers

Jun 23 2016 | 11:54 am EDT Russell Holly

Most games I've played so far use what is being commonly referred to as a "teleport" mechanic. Basically, you point somewhere and press a button instead of moving around like you would expect to in a normal video game. Windlands is a notable exception, offering the full FPS style movement, but most games I've played so far where movement is important rely on that teleport mechanic.
Jun 25 2016 | 8:46 pm EDT BriniaSona

Most games I've played so far use what is being commonly referred to as a "teleport" mechanic. Basically, you point somewhere and press a button instead of moving around like you would expect to in a normal video game. Windlands is a notable exception, offering the full FPS style movement, but most games I've played so far where movement is important rely on that teleport mechanic.
I wonder how doom goes about this, or something like Fallout 4.