When playing FPS games how do you walk around? Do I have to physically have to move or is there something that I have to use to move?

Also, do the different games / VR headsets solve the issue of moving?
    06-23-2016 11:47 AM
    Different games and different VR headsets tackle the problem differently. The Vive uses room control and a room changing system (i.e. Teleporting) where Oculus typically uses a gamepad or peripheral.
    Most games I've played so far use what is being commonly referred to as a "teleport" mechanic. Basically, you point somewhere and press a button instead of moving around like you would expect to in a normal video game. Windlands is a notable exception, offering the full FPS style movement, but most games I've played so far where movement is important rely on that teleport mechanic.
    06-23-2016 11:54 AM
    Most games I've played so far use what is being commonly referred to as a "teleport" mechanic. Basically, you point somewhere and press a button instead of moving around like you would expect to in a normal video game. Windlands is a notable exception, offering the full FPS style movement, but most games I've played so far where movement is important rely on that teleport mechanic.
    I wonder how doom goes about this, or something like Fallout 4.
    06-25-2016 08:46 PM
    Different games and different VR headsets tackle the problem differently. The Vive uses room control and a room changing system (i.e. Teleporting) where Oculus typically uses a gamepad or peripheral.
    06-29-2016 03:31 PM