When playing a VR game, how does the physical world around you play into it? Will I be knocking things over or walking into walls? Or is it more of a stationary experience? But then how would your character move?
    05-27-2016 12:57 PM
    As of today, I'm currently working with 20 different virtual reality companies - each has its own API and own system for handing locomotion (how you navigate) and physical room boundaries. Some don't do anyhting, some don't require it. But chances are, what you are looking for is something like the HTC Vive - which handles room scale movement (i.e. you can get up and walk around) but also deals with boundaries (in the game world you wlil see a barrier warning you that you are abou to walk into a wall). I haven't seen a good VR system though that deals with wandering cats and dogs coming to visit and see what on earth this strange human is doing : But I think it will be a good year o rtwo before we see anything truly amazing in this realm wihtout the use of AR (overlaying reality on top of virtual reality)
    Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    As of today, I'm currently working with 20 different virtual reality companies - each has its own API and own system for handing locomotion (how you navigate) and physical room boundaries. Some don't do anyhting, some don't require it. But chances are, what you are looking for is something like the HTC Vive - which handles room scale movement (i.e. you can get up and walk around) but also deals with boundaries (in the game world you wlil see a barrier warning you that you are abou to walk into a wall). I haven't seen a good VR system though that deals with wandering cats and dogs coming to visit and see what on earth this strange human is doing : But I think it will be a good year o rtwo before we see anything truly amazing in this realm wihtout the use of AR (overlaying reality on top of virtual reality)
    Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    05-27-2016 01:59 PM
    So far, my experience with a few games is that stationary seems to be the norm.
    06-06-2016 12:12 AM