Eye doctors recommend that when we are reading the healthy distance between eyes and screen (cellphone, tablet, tv, pc, etc) is about 25-30cm.
    What I wonder bigly is: is it not dangerous for the eyes to be so close to the screen of a smartphone? With VR it's crazy close!
    10-14-2016 08:55 AM
    This is a good question, and the answer is in the lenses.

Many of these headsets use what are called Fresnel lenses, which bend light and warp the image to fit the curvature of your eye. This is much healthier than staring directly at an image on a screen, and warps the image so your eyes aren't focusing as though you're looking at a photo in front of you. The illusion is created that "tricks" your eye into feeling like the image in front of you has depth.

Hope this helps!
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-14-2016 09:07 AM
    And is there a mechanism to adjust for wearing eyeglasses? Is it on the headset or on the phone?
    I'm really new to VR headset. I rarely read about it before.
    10-14-2016 11:44 AM
    And is there a mechanism to adjust for wearing eyeglasses? Is it on the headset or on the phone?
    I'm really new to VR headset. I rarely read about it before.
    The Vive has a function that allows you to adjust the distance of the display from your face - helpful for eyeglasses. The Rift only has adjustments for the distance between your eyes, but I use mine with eyeglasses and don't have a problem. Gear VR, which uses a phone as the display, has a function that allows you to change the distance of the phone from your eyes. I can actually use my Gear VR without glasses, which I cannot do with Rift and Vive.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-14-2016 01:40 PM
    Overusage of the VR can definetly affect your eight sight so we need to keep a fair distance from the vr aswell as use it less.
    10-15-2016 02:43 AM
    What about worsening existing poor eye sight? Does excessive VR usage increase your number? Anyone has any experiences?
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-17-2016 12:39 AM