This subject intrigues me a lot.

We have known video games a few decades now, but now we are approaching a new era-
    an era of virtual reality.

And what will happen then, when the VR headsets will be able to duplicate and represent the real world just as it is?
    We have never even approached the problem of mixing the virtual world with the real one, as the brain could not be tricked into thinking that the world in front of you is actually the real one (though a part of it may be strongly attached to the experience, but not to a degree of a real mind trick) -but we may now.

And what will be with our bodies?
    Can our mind really suffer in the long run from the confusion and lack of synchronization between the visual and the balance, aside from a temporary nausea?
    We will have to wait and see.
    I do think that VR is the most exciting thing to be happening in decades, and that it can bring a new light to the world.
    But is our mind built for it?

One thing is sure, and it is that this new innovation is like nothing before.
    01-01-2017 09:39 PM
    Not as it stands right now. Maybe in the future when it is harder to discern make believe from reality and I can see people having issues of not wanting to leave a VR environment but we are probably a while off from that atm.
    01-01-2017 09:55 PM
    Yes, I am aware of the limitations of current VR technology.
    We are lucky enough to have low resolution headsets with a lot of SDE
    But I am not sure that we are that far off from there. A big part of the gaming and entertainment industry is VR focused right now, and we might get there sooner than we think.
    01-01-2017 10:47 PM