I'm asking because I have motion sickness so I guess VR can trigger some of that feeling too. :/
    10-25-2016 03:07 PM
    It certainly can, BUT there are things you can do to prevent and/or minimize the effects....

Tips to avoid motion sickness caused by VR gaming | VRHeads
    Yes, it definitely can. I'm not usually prone to motion sickness but EVE: Valkyrie got me good the other day. Some games are worse than others.

Basically it depends on a lot of factors, if you are prone to motion sickness you should try less realistic simulations, and ones that allow you to move at 1:1 speed. By that I mean something like TiltBrush, where you move yourself instead of being in a virtual vehicle of some sort.
    VirtuaTyKing likes this.
    10-25-2016 03:30 PM
    I think it's partly down to the individual. I've not really had motion sickness yet using VR. I felt a bit off after playing the arcade Starwar: Battle pod and a dog fighter game with a dome screen. I'm sure it was running at 30fps though. I can imagine EVE: Valkyrie getting pretty hairy in VR though especially if you can loop the loop or barrel roll. Try a demo if possible at some point.
    10-25-2016 06:10 PM
    The only time I've experienced nausea was in Adr1ft....but I'm no astronaut
    10-25-2016 06:42 PM
    I care more about eye health than nausea. Is VR healthy for your eyes?
    Sajal2 likes this.
    10-26-2016 03:32 AM
    I care more about eye health than nausea. Is VR healthy for your eyes?
    I don't think there is a definitive answer to that yet but I found this discussion interesting: https://www.quora.com/How-bad-are-Vi...-for-your-eyes
    10-26-2016 04:15 AM
    Thanks everybody!

I guess I'll wait until demo stand arrives in my shopping mall to test drive it and decide whether I'm getting one. :/
    10-26-2016 11:51 AM
    YES
    Virtual reality sickness occurs when exposure to a virtual environment causes symptoms that are similar to motion sickness symptoms.The most common symptoms are general discomfort, headache, stomach awareness, nausea, vomiting, pallor, sweating, fatigue, drowsiness, disorientation, and apathy.Other symptoms include postural instability and retching.
    10-26-2016 11:06 PM
    Yes, continuous use of virtual reality may cause cyber sickness, which is similar to motion sickness symptoms.
    10-26-2016 11:15 PM
    I'm asking because I have motion sickness so I guess VR can trigger some of that feeling too. :/
    Unfortunately, Yes. it certainly can. But i wouldn't let that keep you from playing.
    Short period of gaming time can be fine, just extended periods can cause bad experiences.
    10-27-2016 01:16 AM
    I don't think there is a definitive answer to that yet but I found this discussion interesting: https://www.quora.com/How-bad-are-Vi...-for-your-eyes
    Thank you for the answer, I think that's approximately it.
    10-27-2016 02:19 AM
    I'm sure a quick google search will bring up the relevant articles, but there are studies that suggest if a virtual nose is added to the VR experience, it can help reduce motion sickness caused by VR. However, if you're prone to motion sickness even without VR, I'm not that sure it'd help in that regard.
    10-27-2016 07:54 AM
    I have meniere's disease. With is motion sickness without motion. It's more complicated then that but here is my take on vr.

In the time I had with my note 7's and my gear vr, I was able do more then I thought. So first no matter what I did at some point it all got to me. I may have not noticed until I finished but I was able to use it.

The apps and experiences that I was in control I could do easily for 20-30. Meaning in the oculus home screen I was fine. Looking around fine. Jurassic world and marvel avengers fine. Even slow moving scenery was fine to. Anything like skiing, no good. I played the zombie game and was fine.

So I am not sure if I answered the question. I found it best to be sitting in the middle of the room. Either way good luck
    10-27-2016 06:23 PM
    Yeah, things like low resolution, low fps, and latency are the main concerns, especially for mobile. But these concerns even exist for the ps4.
    11-02-2016 05:35 PM
    It certainly can, BUT there are things you can do to prevent and/or minimize the effects....

Tips to avoid motion sickness caused by VR gaming | VRHeads
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-16-2016 09:33 AM
    Everyone's different, but the key is to avoid the urge to muscle though any queasiness. You want to take the headset off when uncomfortable.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable likes this.
    11-16-2016 09:55 AM
    I think it depends of daily factors, even moment factor, I went to the VR roller coaster just after eating a lot... bad idea.

Later that day I play InBlood (almost the same that the roller coaster) and was just a normal experience.

So if some moment you are using VR and feel the nausea just stop for a little and try again, not always will be good and not always will be bad.
    11-16-2016 07:45 PM
    Sit down. Standing can cause all kinds of balance problems.
    11-26-2016 07:47 PM
    Sit down. Standing can cause all kinds of balance problems.
    Some experiences are designed to be standing, but believe me, you don't want to try nothing like a roller coaster after eating no matter if sat on floor
    11-27-2016 03:33 PM
    Some experiences are designed to be standing, but believe me, you don't want to try nothing like a roller coaster after eating no matter if sat on floor
    Cedar Park VR FTW!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-01-2016 11:24 AM