Best Answer

May 27 2016 | 2:03 pm EDT KermEd

Each VR headset is different. OSVR, my favorite, allows for adjustments for each eye individually by using a slider to move lenses. This makes it easier to adjust for vision issues. But some treat both eyes the same with a single slider, which is much less useful. My recommendaiton is to go with either contant lenses where possible while using VR or to get a flexible headset. Just be aware, that the vision may not be 100% - and a good game developer will make game structure changes to ensure that vision limitations don't impact your gameplay too much (in our case, we use extensive voice overs to help direct the character and lots of audio cues).
Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed

More Answers

Jun 06 2016 | 12:10 am EDT STARGATE

I agree with the poster above.
Having said that, my wife and daughter use glasses for different reasons, and they use the Gear VR just fine. Of course YMMV.
Jul 18 2016 | 7:39 pm EDT KermEd

I agree with the poster above.
Having said that, my wife and daughter use glasses for different reasons, and they use the Gear VR just fine. Of course YMMV.
Thats a great call too! Gear VR is a nice way to get some impressive VR and take advantage of the technology you already own at the same time
Oct 22 2016 | 11:19 am EDT Toughmn

I haven't used one, but Google said they designed their new Daydream VR headsets with glasses wearers in mind.
Oct 27 2016 | 10:41 pm EDT Daydreaming25

I have tried Oculus and you need to take your glasses off for that one.
Oct 29 2016 | 10:31 am EDT LezCronut

Simple question in itself, can I use my glasses comfortably with the VR headset? Has anyone had any problems with it being a glasses user?
It really differs from headset to headset. Some VR goggles can accomodate eyeglasses and others cannot.
And also the type of glasses you wear. If your glasses are too big, it won't fit in most VR goggles. If it's pretty small and compact, it's likely to fit many VR goggles.

My eye glasses are big, Samsung Gear VR can accomodate mine comfortably.
Then there's this cheap VR goggles that I own, it can't accomodate my big glasses.

Then there's more to take into account if you're a glass user, that is: what kind of eye condition do you have. I have astigmatism and I feel some kind of pressure on one of my eyes while wearing VR headset. I don't know why, perhaps it's because of the lens. The lenses are not made for eye conditions.
Thankfully, many VR goggles are equipped with toggles that can adjust and move the lenses inside. You can move the lenses back and forth, I believe this will help those with myopia. And also you can move the lenses side to side to fit your interpupilar distance.
Oct 31 2016 | 1:49 am EDT alphacker4

Can you see clearly with glasses when using VR like cardboard?
Jan 01 2017 | 11:03 pm EST GustavMahler

As I have posted in another thread, you can 3D print a lens adaptor and order cheap prescription lenses to go inside. I think it is the best solution yet if you own the Rift or the Vive.
I personally haven't tried it, as I don't have those headsets.
But one thing is sure-stay away from VRlabs, people are reporting that it significantly distorts the image.