Whenever I use any cardboard app the dots that indicate where you are looking are way off to the outside of my screen this causes me to see very diffrent images because the left side of the screen only shows things to the right of the dot and the right side only shows things to the left
    08-12-2017 11:53 AM
    Hi @Gavin Wirth welcome to the forum!

May I know which cardboard are you using and also which smartphone? maybe it's a problem of compatibility among those things, some are very limited to a specific size of screens and devices.
    08-12-2017 09:16 PM
    Hi @Gavin Wirth welcome to the forum!

May I know which cardboard are you using and also which smartphone? maybe it's a problem of compatibility among those things, some are very limited to a specific size of screens and devices.
    It is one that i bought off amazon with the name "FTXJ Creative DIY Cardboard 3D VR Virtual Reality Glasses For Google" and i have the samsong galaxy s7 but i also tried. My ipod touch 5 but it did not work. I know that this is not the reason though because even when the phone is out of the veiwer each side of the phone shows two diffrent images like i said above. It is the centerdots that are way off to each side. To confirm that it is the app it works on videos on youtube if i search vr but not if i click the cardboard icon in the youtube app.
    08-13-2017 09:44 AM
    That's really weird. I'd like to see the answer to this!
    08-13-2017 01:32 PM
    Looks like it need calibration for the app, not with the video because some Youtube videos (not sure if all) are recorded and projected directly using the standard configuration.

You will probably should run the calibration to do that follow the directions from this link:

https://support.google.com/cardboard.../6322155?hl=en

Please keep us posted about this issue in order to know if it was the problem and the right answer.
    08-13-2017 08:09 PM