This is kinda nuts, and I love it. It's called Paperstick. You print out this paper and fold it into a triangle, and then you can hold it out in front of your Cardboard setup and your paperstick becomes a gun in this game that was built specifically for this experience.

You have to mod your Cardboard a little so the camera on your phone has clear line of sight, but this is incredible!

https://sites.google.com/site/gameplusvr/
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-16-2016 08:41 AM
    That is fracking amazing! I'll stick with my Daydream controller, BUT for cardboard users that would seem to be the way to go!
    12-16-2016 09:10 AM
    Very cool. I hope they made it easy for VR developers to incorporate it in their apps.
    12-16-2016 09:48 AM
    This is almost unbelievable. Thanks for sharing, Russell.
    12-16-2016 11:25 AM
    This is almost unbelievable. Thanks for sharing, Russell.
    A bit ahead of their time, the David Sarnoff Research Center (now part of SRI), demonstrated real-time image processing back in the early 90s that would blow your socks off. Things like this were part of the demonstration. Keep in mind that the state of the art in processors was still 2-core Pentium. Some of the demonstrations added objects like balls to live video that could be played with by persons in the video. They also developed the first traffic light controllers that used cameras that is so common today. Imagine recognizing cars, bicycles and pedestrians in the day day, night, in good weather, rain, snow, sleet, fog, etc. I could go on with what i saw when I worked there. Many of these pioneers ended up in top-notch research positions at Microsoft and elsewhere.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-18-2016 11:25 AM
    A bit ahead of their time, the David Sarnoff Research Center (now part of SRI), demonstrated real-time image processing back in the early 90s that would blow your socks off. Things like this were part of the demonstration. Keep in mind that the state of the art in processors was still 2-core Pentium. Some of the demonstrations added objects like balls to live video that could be played with by persons in the video. They also developed the first traffic light controllers that used cameras that is so common today. Imagine recognizing cars, bicycles and pedestrians in the day day, night, in good weather, rain, snow, sleet, fog, etc. I could go on with what i saw when I worked there. Many of these pioneers ended up in top-notch research positions at Microsoft and elsewhere.
    Thank you for the info. I'll check it out!
    12-30-2016 11:38 AM
    Neat to hear that, alot of this stuff isn't the first time it's come out but rather been reinvented or more practical. Get that "hey, your not that first to do that!" Still when you see it think its brilliant idea.
    12-30-2016 08:54 PM
    Looks amazing, keep up the good work devs.
    05-30-2017 12:47 PM
    I don't know how missed this before, it's pretty smart solution.
    05-31-2017 12:21 AM