Home VRHeads Q&A > Google Cardboard

nearsighted: google Cardboard: Which lenses? f?

Asked: Feb 14 2019 | 10:40 am EST 781 Views 3 Answers

I am nearsighted and my right lens of my glasses has -6.0 spheres. My left lens of my glasses has -6.5 spheres.

I have tried the standard cardboard with convex lenses with focal length f=45mm.

If I use the cardboard with this lens without glasses, then the image is blurred. With glasses it is sharp.

Question: Is there a way to find out with which lens I would be able to use the cardboard without glasses and at what distance I do have to place the smartphone from the lenses?

Would appreciate a helpful answer. Thank you.

More Answers

Feb 15 2019 | 9:00 am EST pkcable

You may be able to purchase the correct lens to pop in to your Cardboard. I know you can do this with the Daydream headset. I found this company on the internet...

https://vr-lens-lab.com/
Feb 16 2019 | 2:10 am EST Lifuku

Thank you for your link @pkcabel. When I understand right, when I have a lens of this firm I have to put both into my cardboard the lens of this firm with the correction of my nearsight and in addition the original lens (loupe) of my cardboard. Right?

This is not what I want. I want to have only one optical lens. The variant with two lenses I have already. I can take my old optical lens with the nearsight correction of my old pair of glasses and stick it ahead the loup lens or behind the loup lens.