I am nearsighted and my right lens of my glasses has -6.0 spheres. My left lens of my glasses has -6.5 spheres.

I have tried the standard cardboard with convex lenses with focal length f=45mm.

If I use the cardboard with this lens without glasses, then the image is blurred. With glasses it is sharp.

Question: Is there a way to find out with which lens I would be able to use the cardboard without glasses and at what distance I do have to place the smartphone from the lenses?

Would appreciate a helpful answer. Thank you.
    Last edited by Lifuku; 02-16-2019 at 02:11 AM.
    02-14-2019 10:40 AM
    You may be able to purchase the correct lens to pop in to your Cardboard. I know you can do this with the Daydream headset. I found this company on the internet...

https://vr-lens-lab.com/
    02-15-2019 09:00 AM
    Thank you for your link @pkcabel. When I understand right, when I have a lens of this firm I have to put both into my cardboard the lens of this firm with the correction of my nearsight and in addition the original lens (loupe) of my cardboard. Right?

This is not what I want. I want to have only one optical lens. The variant with two lenses I have already. I can take my old optical lens with the nearsight correction of my old pair of glasses and stick it ahead the loup lens or behind the loup lens.
    02-16-2019 02:10 AM
    In the meantime I found out how to calculate the f of the lens I need to use my cardboard without my glasses: You can calculate it with the Excel-File.
    Attached Files
    pkcable likes this.
    02-23-2019 02:13 AM