So while I wait until the PlayStation VR release I though to try out Google Cardboard.

I decided go with the V2 Cardboard. I just received confirmation today that it has been shipped. Looking forward to try it out. Will provide feedback on this product once I get it.
    LezCronut likes this.
    08-31-2016 09:16 PM
    Cardboard is a great way to get started, because the cost is so low and many companies make their apps for it and other solutions. I have 3 different ones, and my whole family uses them.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    08-31-2016 11:32 PM
    Sorry for the late update!

I obtained my V2 Cardboard last week. Since then, I been having fun trying it out. It being made almost entirely out of cardboard, I like the way it is presented in a cardboard box sleeve case when not using it. Removing the V2 from its casing, instructions are clear on how to unfold it and paring is simple via the QR cord when using the Google Cardboard app.

Pro tip - Go through the tutorial app to know how to "exit" an app when playing around with the app

As I saw among other posts/articles, the experience is better with headphones. I been using the V2 with a OnePlus 3. So far so good! Glad I got Cardboard as an "intro to VR".
    LezCronut likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:36 AM
    Definitely use headphones! It also makes the experience. How do you like it so far?
    10-19-2016 03:23 PM
    Definitely use headphones! It also makes the experience. How do you like it so far?
    I like it very much! The only think I would like to to have is a head strap. I think o will check to see if their are solutions on the web on how to add one.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-19-2016 08:58 PM
    I like it very much! The only think I would like to to have is a head strap. I think o will check to see if their are solutions on the web on how to add one.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    I use velcro but I bet you there are better solutions
    10-20-2016 12:57 AM
    Can someone post where I can find drawings for Cardboard? I was thinking about making one
    10-20-2016 03:57 AM
    10-20-2016 12:13 PM
    Got mine through the Simpsons couch gag promotion. It's much better quality than something I could probably put together on my own. I do agree that it needs a headstrap though.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-26-2016 11:32 AM
    Thank you
    But one thing: what about lenses? Are they even there?
    10-29-2016 03:28 AM
    The lenses are apparently very common ones you can get from craft stores cheap.

There is actually a reason Google recommends not using a head strap. Needing to hold it with your hand severely limits the speed at which you can move your head. That's where the shortfall is on the insanely cheap cardboard design. The response time on a typical phone is not up to scratch for a good vr experience. Slowing down the movement makes that all but unnoticeable.
    Kits like the gear vr and upcoming daydream overcome that with above average hardware and better access to the systems gyroscope data.

By all means, give the head strap a go if you have one, but be aware of the limitations. Good luck!
    10-29-2016 10:24 AM