I'm an Android nerd. Windows Phone nerd. Linux geek. Windows fan. Apple and I have a hate, hate relationship, but they make me money.

Since I'm not an Apple user, does anyone here have experience on how Cardboard works on iPhone? I know there is a Cardboard app, but does it link to other apps in the App Store? What is the experience of getting VR apps on your iPhone?
    LezCronut likes this.
    11-03-2016 01:08 AM
    Much like the android wear app on iOS, the google cardboard app on iOS have limited access to apple' s apps and App Store.
    Much like the android wear app on iOS, the google cardboard app on iOS have limited access to apple' s apps and App Store.
    Penguwin likes this.
    11-03-2016 01:37 AM
    I've tried a Cardboard experience on my wife's iPhone 7 plus and it worked fairly well. Was roughly comparable to Cardboard on my Note 5. It was just a simple moonwalk experience, though, so nothing too intensive. Haven't tried any games yet.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-04-2016 09:23 AM
    I've tried a Cardboard experience on my wife's iPhone 7 plus and it worked fairly well. Was roughly comparable to Cardboard on my Note 5. It was just a simple moonwalk experience, though, so nothing too intensive. Haven't tried any games yet.

What about the screen door effect? Very pixelated?
    11-04-2016 10:37 AM
    I think I will try the Homino VR on one iPhone in two weeks, just to see how it works.
    krisguy likes this.
    11-04-2016 05:13 PM
    I've never really seen the screen door effect on any Cardboard device, but that's probably due to the fact that the phone is a bit farther away from the lenses than it is with the Gear VR, plus it's not as much magnification. That said, it seemed about as clear as it did on my Note 5.

11-04-2016 09:17 PM
    I've never really seen the screen door effect on any Cardboard device, but that's probably due to the fact that the phone is a bit farther away from the lenses than it is with the Gear VR, plus it's not as much magnification. That said, it seemed about as clear as it did on my Note 5.

Really? Is it not blurry?
    11-05-2016 02:15 AM
    I never noticed it actually I found my iPhone 7 Plus worked really well. I think something like the SE and 5S would be too small personally but the Pluses worked well. The library is limited though but its a good demo overall as to what you can expect from VR.
    12-11-2016 08:39 AM