Ok so I heard about this Oculus thingie, and the really cool games you can play with it, but does VR include more than just games? What else can I do with this thing?
    05-26-2016 08:17 PM
    Absolutely, I've met a few companies using VR for realestate sales for example. That way, the realtor just brings over a headset and you can preview the houses before you buy. Pretty fancy stuff! There is already a huge military, police and medical training use for VR as well, and it certainly comes in handy for some critical job training where you don't really want to put someones life at risk. It has huge possibilities. I'd say every few weeks I brush shoulders with a new non-gaming company using VR for applicaiton and commercial use.
    Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    Absolutely, I've met a few companies using VR for realestate sales for example. That way, the realtor just brings over a headset and you can preview the houses before you buy. Pretty fancy stuff! There is already a huge military, police and medical training use for VR as well, and it certainly comes in handy for some critical job training where you don't really want to put someones life at risk. It has huge possibilities. I'd say every few weeks I brush shoulders with a new non-gaming company using VR for applicaiton and commercial use.
    Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    LezCronut likes this.
    05-27-2016 02:10 PM
    You highlight the total price of HTC being around 1900 dollars, but you leave out the the fact that after controller costs, the Oculus will cost around the same.
    06-29-2016 05:51 AM