Does anyone know of anyone doing any regular Facebook livestreams of Gear VR games? I've been testing my new game by having users stream to Facebook which I can watch. This is very very useful, as I can see what they do wrong, what they are confused by, and hear their comments in real time alongside footage of what they are actually doing in the game at the time.

Im not a heavy Facebook user, so haven't played around with Livestream settings much, but I assume a page could be set up to Stream to for the purpose of regular public livestreams of old and new games and apps.

Is anyone already doing this? Would people be interested in seeing this? Im just toying with ideas.

Thanks all.

Mallmagician
    04-18-2017 09:16 PM
    Sounds interesting! If you need help from a viewer, I would be interested, IF there is Daydream support. Although I do not stream. I suspect you may need GearVR and Oculus Rift people though since Facebook owns Oculus and likely THAT is what they support or at least where their support will start.

EDIT: I HAD to edit my post, when I found THIS on the front page of VRHeads....

http://www.vrheads.com/how-livestrea...ar-vr-facebook
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-19-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    04-19-2017 02:26 PM
    I would love to see more people livestreaming their GearVR games on FB also. I've done a couple, but since it's in its infancy, it remains to be seen if it catches on strongly at all. I wonder if we need to get a sticky thread for people to share their info so they can be more easily found by people looking for livestreams.

And yes, @pkcable, I saw that blog post, too, lol. Haven't looked at it yet, but it's good to see it up there.
    04-21-2017 05:24 AM