iFixit has a tear down of the PSVR.

Would never recommend anyone to do such a thing BUT I always am impressed when someone is capable of doing such a thing as it gives us a different aspect of the design of the PSVR in what the pieces are and how it is assembled.

Kudos to Sony's engineers for figuring out how to built this thing. Can image it being the same as the other high end hmd.
    Matty likes this.
    11-06-2016 07:41 AM
    Last resort but interesting none the less to see how things are put together. I had a look at the Vive tear down too. I thought about taking my kinect 2.0 apart once to dust it out until I saw a tear down video. Thing had like 30 screws.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-06-2016 07:57 AM
    Well, I think we need to take a lot of care of the lenses, almost the only thing not changeable.

I'm sure even watching it I will do a mess with it, but it nice to see how it was assembled
    11-06-2016 09:36 PM
    I always love it when you get to see a tear down video. Gives you a nice indication of how easily or badly repairable a product is.

This types of videos worked nicely with my PlayStation 2 and 3. Since i was able to clean various things without the worry of breaking something because i knew were all the ribbon cables were.
    11-07-2016 06:48 AM
    I enjoy these too. Did a lot of tinkering with my old PS2, doubt I'll crack open my PS4 Pro when I get it (not much of a tinkerer anymore)... I'll let the iFixit folks do all of that for me :P
    11-07-2016 11:33 AM
    Really is amazing seeing the insides of these things. In my head I usually just imagine a wide screen on the other side of the lenses. I am simple.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-07-2016 04:19 PM
    when I need to do something like this I watched every steep, but not regularly with this kind of things, mostly cell phones and laptops, also not usually mine, I try my best to care about my things in order to only give it the less surgery possible.

The great of this videos and tutorials is knowing you can solve some stuff or if you need to go to cry and no more :P
    11-10-2016 09:16 PM