I know a lot of folks were looking to the upgraded PS4 as something that would deliver vastly superior VR experiences, but it looks like the differences between a standard 4 and a 4 Pro will be fairly limited and not guaranteed fro every game.

Are you planning to upgrade to a 4 Pro if you already have a 4? I'm a little hesitant, but for the most ridiculous of reasons. I like my white Destiny Edition PS4, and would prefer a white 4 Pro to replace it!
    09-12-2016 08:27 AM
    Right now it just doesn't seem worth it. 4K seems to be the big selling point, and I can't afford a decent 4K TV to go along with it... Not to mention that who is going to need a 4K TV after I get the VR?
    09-12-2016 09:53 AM
    No upgrade for me!
    09-13-2016 09:37 PM
    I like my white Destiny Edition PS4, and would prefer a white 4 Pro to replace it!
    Nice. I am sure in time, a white PS4 Pro will be made

Wonder how long before we will see some "game edition" PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro units... Imagine the following promo for Star Wars: Battlefront 2 for the PS4:

PS4 Slim Battlefront 2 - Deathstar Edtion

PS4 Pro Battlefront 2 - Starkiller Edtion
    Russell Holly likes this.
    09-13-2016 09:37 PM
    Going to keep my regular PS4. Seems like a sidestep going to PS4 Pro since I don't have nor can afford a decent 4K TV.
    BioFanatic and krisguy like this.
    09-14-2016 05:59 PM
    I don't even have a PS4, last I had was a PS2 but I used very little and the money was used to upgrade the computer instead of a new PS. I think having a better computer is always better.
    09-14-2016 09:37 PM
    PS4 Pro Battlefront 2 - Starkiller Edtion
    Yessssss
    09-15-2016 12:27 PM
    I'm considering picking up a PS4 Pro, only because I don't currently own one. The extra price isn't really worth the upgrade if I was an existing owner, but if I'm buying a PS4, it's probably worth throwing down the extra cash for the slight boost. While I use a 4K monitor, the PSVR improvements are all that interest me.
    krisguy likes this.
    09-18-2016 04:48 PM
    Have there been any official announcements on what we can expect in VR between the PS4 and Pro?
    09-26-2016 11:38 PM
    Have there been any official announcements on what we can expect in VR between the PS4 and Pro?
    Yes. Developers will have the opportunity to offer better graphics through the PS4 Pro, but it's not a simple switch to flip and there's not been a ton of support announced yet. At launch, the experiences will probably be very similar. This time next year, there will probably be some unique PS4 Pro experiences that aren't quite as nice on the PS4.
    09-28-2016 09:18 AM
    I just let my PlayStation Plus membership expire because I wasn't really using it. Will PSVR proffer any advantages with a PSP membership?
    09-28-2016 09:54 AM
    I just let my PlayStation Plus membership expire because I wasn't really using it. Will PSVR proffer any advantages with a PSP membership?
    Besides not being able to play with other players online.. They sometimes give you discounts on future VR titles... Currently 100 FT robot golf is discounted 10% for plus members.

It's hard to say... Some think they may make some VR games a free monthly game as time goes on.
    09-28-2016 07:53 PM
    I'll only upgrade if/when my PS4 dies.
    Derek Daisey likes this.
    09-29-2016 10:26 AM
    im still on the fence cuz i was hoping for 4k bluray support, would make it easier to justify the added expense of the upgrade to my wife.

Despite all that the PS4 pro will deliver a better vr experience purely on its ability to sustain frame rates. this will also effect regular games. you will have smoother gameplay regardless. afterall you are upgrading everything that effects the speed of the ps4. Well i guess there is still the harddrive to slow things down.

So if you are one of the unfortunate folks with a laggy ps4 the pro should fix those issues.

I probably will upgrade but i will probably wait for a good trade in offer.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    09-29-2016 06:24 PM
    I will only upgrade from a PS4 to a PS4 Pro if they offer one with a 2TB hard drive..1TB is just too small in this day and age.
    09-29-2016 06:27 PM
    I just upgraded my hard drive to 2 TB for 80 bucks... So... I just can't pull the trigger until I see some real gains in performance.. Only time will tell.
    09-29-2016 06:42 PM
    I just upgraded my hard drive to 2 TB for 80 bucks... So... I just can't pull the trigger until I see some real gains in performance.. Only time will tell.
    Yeah, I also did a hard drive upgrade on mine and would not relish moving over to a new drive and/or swapping out again [is the Pro upgradeable like the standard?].
    10-01-2016 08:35 AM
    Yeah, I also did a hard drive upgrade on mine and would not relish moving over to a new drive and/or swapping out again [is the Pro upgradeable like the standard?].
    Yeah, I hear they made it nearly as simple to do so.. Still doesn't void warranty if you do it.
    10-01-2016 09:26 AM
    Yeah, I hear they made it nearly as simple to do so.. Still doesn't void warranty if you do it.
    I do love this capability. Now all that's left is a system to easily clone data from an existing drive to a bigger one--although I kind of doubt Sony will ever make that happen.
    10-02-2016 09:10 AM
    Seriously... I hadn't considered transferring games over until I realized (from forgetting) I can't re download P.T from the PSN.... so it's sitting on my other HD.. I understand they make it a little more challenging to prevent piracy... but still
    10-02-2016 11:13 AM
    Seriously... I hadn't considered transferring games over until I realized (from forgetting) I can't re download P.T from the PSN.... so it's sitting on my other HD.. I understand they make it a little more challenging to prevent piracy... but still
    Yeah, a lot of Sony's decisions seem to be motivated by piracy concerns. I'll keep sitting on my P.T. drive just for the prestige of it all...
    Derek Daisey likes this.
    10-05-2016 10:56 PM
    Right now it just doesn't seem worth it. 4K seems to be the big selling point, and I can't afford a decent 4K TV to go along with it... Not to mention that who is going to need a 4K TV after I get the VR?
    Agreed, 4K isn't mainstream yet and I would venture a guess to say that it won't be for awhile as most people don't have the bandwidth to support it and with data caps it limits it further. I personally am not willing to spend the money on a 4K TV anytime soon.
    10-15-2016 10:49 AM
    I'll stick with PS4 for starters or PSVR but in case anyone is interested I just posted a PS4 Pro giveaway in VR Related giveaways, first of it's kind that I know of.
    10-16-2016 09:48 PM
    I'm considering picking up a PS4 Pro, only because I don't currently own one. The extra price isn't really worth the upgrade if I was an existing owner, but if I'm buying a PS4, it's probably worth throwing down the extra cash for the slight boost. While I use a 4K monitor, the PSVR improvements are all that interest me.
    It's the same with me. I don't have a PS, so I would probably go with Pro, because my next TV will be 4K. A Pro and a Scorpio together would kill it.
    10-17-2016 12:32 AM
    Absolutely agreed, if you're serious about gaming you probably won't buy mediocre TV any more having in mind new technologies popping up every single day
    PS Pro + 4K is the ay to go
    10-17-2016 08:43 AM