Well it might be that its sensors aren't fast enough to handle the Daydream requirements. I don't know exactly what the sensors are, but you want the experience to be as fluid as possible and the head of VR at Google suggested that no phones would be certified retroactively.
    10-27-2016 07:44 AM
    People who have nearsightedness like me...I wonder if we have a higher chance of headaches? I've heard that it gives headaches to most people?
    I've got a double whammy... I'm extremely nearsighted and have double vision. I have prisms in my glasses for the latter. Prisms bend various colors differently which already gives me a 3D effect for flat images. Sometimes pebble walkways make me feel I'm walking on glass with pebbles underneath. I'm in a VR game already.
    10-27-2016 09:25 AM
    I'm starting to notice the prices of both the Pixel and Pixel XL dropping on Swappa and eBay
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-27-2016 11:30 AM
    I'm starting to notice the prices of both the Pixel and Pixel XL dropping on Swappa and eBay
    That's awesome... I wasn't expecting a price drop this soon, but lower prices for the Pixel phones will definitely help daydream adoption.
    10-27-2016 11:47 AM
    Everyone seems to be liking the black color variant of Pixel! I'd prefer Regular Pixel for its size..
    I like the silver one but apparently it might have some light bleed / reflection issues when inside Daydream.. I heard black is better for the VR experience.
    10-27-2016 01:08 PM
    Does VR and chronic migraines mix?
    10-27-2016 02:27 PM
    That's awesome... I wasn't expecting a price drop this soon, but lower prices for the Pixel phones will definitely help daydream adoption.
    I don't think that the price will drop so much as the politics of Google about these phonese is changed,but a prize drop is always a goood thing
    I also hope that the release prices in europe won't be so expensive!
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-27-2016 06:14 PM
    Screen size and PPI - better choice. 1080P will show more "pixels" vs Quad HD
    10-28-2016 08:54 AM
    That's a tough one. I guess it depends on what triggers your migraine. I have a few friends with that problem and, believe it or not, they all say that a gluten-free diet helped significantly (YMMV). If the migraine is triggered when you're tired, then stressing your visual system may not be the best course of action.

Good luck, Migraines can be a real bear to deal with.
    10-28-2016 10:34 AM
    I'm always hesitant to use bright and/or close screens because I know that screens and eye strain have been a trigger for me in the past. I have a feeling that these will be done better than older devices and from my experience with Google Cardboard I expect the strain to be minimal.
    10-28-2016 03:13 PM
    Waiting on my Pixel XL and headset to arrive. Okay my son is but I'm using them first!
    10-28-2016 04:19 PM
    Was wondering because I haven't sampled any VR of any kind yet and I'm a champion migraine producer so was seeing if others have and what their experiences were like.

I have an aunt who has celiac and is all gluten and is always wondering if I should go gluten.
    10-30-2016 12:13 AM
    The XL has a better display
    10-30-2016 01:41 AM
    Pixel XL is so costly and being a tech enthusiast and unfortunately a student, its impossible to even think about it. I own a Nexus 6 and it costed me a lot (Rs. 48999). After 1.5 year of usage, now it got a charging port damage and has been rendered unrepairable by Motorola India. It takes 8 hrs to charge the device.
    Being a student, I can't afford to buy a new phone Plus I can't again ask my parents to get me a premium device. Google should look forward to help their loyal customers. I am phoneless and helpless just because I trusted Google.
    10-30-2016 05:53 AM
    I finally walked in to my local Verizon store to take a look at them side by side. I was actually surprised at how little the size difference was between the two. Comparing it with my BB Priv, they are both much slimmer. The Pixel being shorter, and the XL being a little taller (only because of the much larger top and bottom bezels.). Sold me on the XL.
    10-30-2016 07:29 AM
    How is the sound on the Pixel?
    10-31-2016 03:29 PM
    How is the sound on the Pixel?
    The bottom speaker is decent for what it is, but I miss front-facing speakers. That said, I think my headphones sound much better with the Pixel. Maybe it's the honeymoon phase, but I think the DAC is superior to what I had on my Nexus 6P.
    10-31-2016 03:30 PM
    Has anyone actually compared the Pixel to the Pixel XL in a Daydream headset? I haven't found any reviews online that did so.
    10-31-2016 04:23 PM
    I don't think the Daydream VR is available yet or they have it under review embargo. Closest thing would be to use a Cardboard to compare.
    10-31-2016 07:34 PM
    Has anyone compared the Pixel to the Pixel XL using Cardboard?
    11-01-2016 01:47 AM
    Pixel XL is so costly and being a tech enthusiast and unfortunately a student, its impossible to even think about it. I own a Nexus 6 and it costed me a lot (Rs. 48999). After 1.5 year of usage, now it got a charging port damage and has been rendered unrepairable by Motorola India. It takes 8 hrs to charge the device.
    Being a student, I can't afford to buy a new phone Plus I can't again ask my parents to get me a premium device. Google should look forward to help their loyal customers. I am phoneless and helpless just because I trusted Google.
    Sounds like it's time to open it up yourself and start hacking. You might be able to fix it or connect a charging coil to charge it wirelessly. Or perhaps pick up a used one on ebay?
    11-01-2016 09:34 AM
    XL all the way. I think the size of the XL is probably the max size I would get, in any phone. It gets to point where sizes bigger than that can be a nuisance, especially for one handed operation
    I'm aming for XL cuz I have bigger hands. Also, resolution in bigger whitch is also a plus.
    11-01-2016 10:52 AM
    Honestly, I thought the XL might be too big for me, but it actually fits in my hand really well. I have been able to use it one-handed for almost everything (swiping on the fingerprint sensor helps). Coming from a 2013 Moto X (which fit in one hand perfectly), I thought the XL might be unmanageable with one hand, but it actually fits pretty great in normal sized hands. And I haven't had any issues with the phone slipping, which everyone said it was. So glad I got the XL.
    11-01-2016 10:15 PM
    I have a quite black 5" 128gb right now, but I'm having second thoughts. While I'm not entirely into larger displays (coming from a Galaxy S4), the larger battery is nice and the QHD display seems attractive for VR.
    11-02-2016 01:47 AM
    "If I buy the Pixel XL in the US and then I go to Latin America, could I use it with another mobile carrier without any problem?"

Yes, make sure the phone is unlocked before leaving.
    11-02-2016 03:24 AM
126 ... 3456