I just got my PlayStation VR... but I don't yet have a PS4.

So, do I race out and get a Slim just so I can start being Batman now, now, now, or do I wait for a PS4 Pro so I have better future proofing.

I don't have a 4K or HDR TV yet, but I love the idea of that technology.

Any advice?
    10-14-2016 10:05 AM
    Personally, I feel like until 4K is really mainstream, which may be a couple years yet there's no point in getting the pro. I also do not have a 4K TV, plus I think the PS VR is only 1080p anyway right? So the PS4 Pro won't help there and again I think mainstream 4K content is a couple years off and maybe 4-5 years away from being really good and I would expect another step in PS hardware at that point. If it were me, I'd just get the slim and go.
    10-14-2016 11:37 AM
    the pro will give you a better experience no matter what tv you use. itvhas a significantly faster processor, a significantly faster gpu. this all translates to cleaner graphics. oh and that bigger hardrive will come in handy.

The box that the psvr comes with does not allow for hdr passthrough, 4k will go through but it HDR signal will not. So if when you have a tv that supports hdr you will have to swap hdmi cables.

my advice get the pro if you dont already have a ps4.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-14-2016 12:31 PM
    I'm getting PSVR and I'm holding off for the Pro. It's going to be a long wait but I think it will be worth it.
    10-14-2016 01:14 PM
    This is a great question. I've already committed in my mind (ha!) to pick up a PS4, but the more I read/research/talk to those in the know, the more I think I'm going to wait to pick up the PS4 Pro. Best VR experience plus a touch of future proofing should be a real good thing.
    10-14-2016 09:47 PM
    Also think it's a long term investment, even when it's possible next year Sony release another more VR capable device, it's always the best to have the best you can in order not to be changing it constantly.
    10-14-2016 11:11 PM
    I would would wait but than again I always wait but than again I don't have a PS4 just a old PS2 Fat, so what do I know lol. In case anyone is interested I just posted a PS4 Pro giveaway in VR Related, first of it's kind that I know of.
    Last edited by Sim_8_3; 10-16-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    10-15-2016 07:56 PM
    If you get a PS4 now, you can always sell it once the Pro is out. There will still be a gap, but you'd get to play with your toy now! Also my understanding is that Sony is not allowing any major differences on games between the two versions. Honestly I doubt there will be much of a difference aside from startup times. Games will still be required to maintain 90fps (I think that's what the number was) on the OG PS4.
    10-16-2016 05:35 AM
    I think you're fine to grab a PlayStation 4 now, but the Pro will offer you a slightly better overall experience.
    10-16-2016 05:50 AM
    I just got my PlayStation VR... but I don't yet have a PS4.

So, do I race out and get a Slim just so I can start being Batman now, now, now, or do I wait for a PS4 Pro so I have better future proofing.

I don't have a 4K or HDR TV yet, but I love the idea of that technology.

Any advice?
    i always wait for the latest product. No point getting the Slim and then 1 year down the line you get left out of some 'new feature' thats only available on the PRO. ^_^
    10-16-2016 06:37 AM
    Get a used PS4 for under, and then trade it in for a pro.
    10-16-2016 09:30 AM
    Get a used PS4 for under, and then trade it in for a pro.
    That seems line a waste of money tbh. Just wait for the Pro. The wait sucks, I know, but it's just a few more weeks.

I'd rather have the extra cash for more games.
    10-16-2016 06:44 PM
    That seems line a waste of money tbh. Just wait for the Pro. The wait sucks, I know, but it's just a few more weeks.

I'd rather have the extra cash for more games.
    indeed since in the states the nost you can get for a ps4 trade in is $125, you wouldnhave to dind a ps4 fornless than that to make buying a used one and trading it in worthwhile.

10-16-2016 07:20 PM
    Hi Rene (big iMore fan here).

Personally, in your case, I'd wait for the Pro without any doubt. I think current PS4 owners interested in VR will get the Pro eventually. The first batch of games may work decently in the current PS4 but I think the Pro will be virtually essential soon. Besides, you don't have to wait for a long time so this is a no brainer IMHO.
    10-19-2016 03:24 AM
    "Good things come to those who wait."

In your case...a PS4 Pro!

Since you do not have a PS4 yet, I would go for the Pro good sir.

Releasing November 10th!

10-19-2016 06:20 AM