Hi everybody I'm new here I just got the Google Daydream View headset a few days ago. First it was sold to me with a moto mod phone and I could not download the Daydream app. I can only download a app that was called Google VR service. it is a app with a gray Circle with the VR goggles in the middle.
    In Google Play that was the only option.i did a internet search for Daydream app and found the Daydream app but it keeps saying unable to install when I try it.
    I returned that phone back and told him that it's not compatible with the Daydream. they gave me a Moto Z.
    I am experiencing the exact same problem I can only download the Google VR service Daydream app.

I can get the Moto Z to go split screen and use it but I can't use the remote.
    So it's like all I can use is cardboard apps.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks everybody
    07-20-2017 07:53 AM
    Hey ez2b! Welcome to VRHeads! I'm Rich, or PK, or PKcable, I'm the Google Daydream Champion around here. Which basically means I have one and I know a little bit about it! I have used my device with both a Google Pixel AND with a Moto Z.

Ok couple of things to check, make sure that the phone is on Android version 7.0. Ok so you WERE able to install Google VR services AND Daydream, good, now make sure your NFC is turned as THIS is how the controller connects to your device. Go settings, then More, then make sure NFC is turned on. With the Moto Z you will have to manually start the Daydream App, and click on the VR icon in the lower right of the Daydream app to start VR mode, THEN place the phone in the Daydream HMD. Once it's secured on your head, you press the button on the controller, as instructed, sometimes it takes a few presses to get it. ALSO make sure your controller has a good charge.

Enjoy!
    07-20-2017 08:40 AM
    Hey ez2b! Welcome to VRHeads! I'm Rich, or PK, or PKcable, I'm the Google Daydream Champion around here. Which basically means I have one and I know a little bit about it! I have used my device with both a Google Pixel AND with a Moto Z.

Ok couple of things to check, make sure that the phone is on Android version 7.0. Ok so you WERE able to install Google VR services AND Daydream, good, now make sure your NFC is turned as THIS is how the controller connects to your device. Go settings, then More, then make sure NFC is turned on. With the Moto Z you will have to manually start the Daydream App, and click on the VR icon in the lower right of the Daydream app to start VR mode, THEN place the phone in the Daydream HMD. Once it's secured on your head, you press the button on the controller, as instructed, sometimes it takes a few presses to get it. ALSO make sure your controller has a good charge.

Enjoy!
    Thanks for your reply I have not been able to download the Daydream app the one with the green flower emblem if you will.
    In the Play Store it's not even an option I have to go do a Google internet search for Daydream app and that's how I find it but when I click on it it says unavailable over and over and over again it happens with both phones.
    So currently all I have is VR Services app downloaded it does show a picture of the Google headset and the remote but there's no way to turn it on or anything of that nature.
    Currently all I can do is YouTube VR searches to use it
    07-20-2017 08:46 AM
    The daydream app is blue here's a link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.vr.home

I wonder if it's a Geo restricted app and blocked in your country? Are you not in North America?

Do you feel comfortable enough to sideload apps on to your device? If so go to Settings, then Security, then Turn on Unknown Sources, THEN you'll be able to get Daydream from here...

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/
    07-20-2017 08:50 AM
    I'm in California so it should not be blocked the first link you just sent when I clicked on it it said my phone is not compatible I will try to do the sideload thank you
    07-20-2017 09:31 AM
    I tried side loading the Daydream app four times keeps giving me an error will not do anything.
    All my settings are open right now cuz I did download a Kodi app so that went fine.
    Thanks again for your replies much appreciate it
    07-20-2017 09:42 AM
    Ok I MIGHT have found the issue, do you have the Moto Z Play? That phone apparently is NOT Daydream compatible, only the Moto Z, Moto Z Droid, and Moto Z Force are Daydream phones....

https://vr.google.com/daydream/smartphonevr/phones/
    07-20-2017 11:34 AM
    Willing to root your device?

https://www.vrheads.com/how-manually...s-not-approved

OR maybe you can trade for an Axon 7? That's the cheapest Daydream compatible phone and someone MIGHT just trade one for a Z Play.
    07-20-2017 11:38 AM
    You need one of these phones....

https://forums.vrheads.com/e?link=ht...token=xCFCvY1Y

https://forums.vrheads.com/e?link=ht...token=xgzl6iXU

https://forums.vrheads.com/e?link=ht...token=WZmsIlup

https://forums.vrheads.com/e?link=ht...token=Xbqt8tGZ

Looks like via Verizon the Pixel may actually be the best value. Also the Moto Z Force is a better phone than the Z Droid, BUT it's cheaper. The Z Droid is a bit thinner, but still I would opt for better and cheaper. The force has a better battery and screen.
    07-20-2017 11:48 AM
    Ok I MIGHT have found the issue, do you have the Moto Z Play? That phone apparently is NOT Daydream compatible, only the Moto Z, Moto Z Droid, and Moto Z Force are Daydream phones....

https://vr.google.com/daydream/smartphonevr/phones/
    Mine is the Moto Z Droid
    07-20-2017 03:10 PM
    At first I was extremely disappointed. it's supposed to work according to all the websites, but apparently it's not LOL.
    It would be nice to be able to use the remote but I have been able to enjoy this headset as is.
    Sound Source for 3D movies split screen run smooth so pretty much happy.
    07-20-2017 03:14 PM
    At first I was extremely disappointed. it's supposed to work according to all the websites, but apparently it's not LOL.
    It would be nice to be able to use the remote but I have been able to enjoy this headset as is.
    Sound Source for 3D movies split screen run smooth so pretty much happy.
    Are you sure you don't need an OS update? When the Moto Z was first released it did not support Daydream it required an update that came later. Check, go to settings, scroll down to system then click on System updates, then check for system update. Also for the controller make sure you have NFC turned on and the controller is fully charged.
    07-20-2017 08:18 PM
    Are you sure you don't need an OS update? When the Moto Z was first released it did not support Daydream it required an update that came later. Check, go to settings, scroll down to system then click on System updates, then check for system update. Also for the controller make sure you have NFC turned on and the controller is fully charged.
    Thanks for your reply.
    actually I think that might be the problem it updated this morning and just did another update a little while ago and after reading your post I looked and there's still more.
    Keep you all posted
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-2017 10:16 PM
    07-20-2017 10:37 PM
    Winner, winner, winner!!!!!!!!.
    Thanks.
    Thanks
    Thanks

It was system updates.
    yesterday before I went to bed I did three 20-minute updates this morning one 15-minute one 10 minute and another 20 minute update and now I can download Daydream app yay.
    Now to see what this app is all about I'm just excited to be able to use my remote finally
    Thank you again for all the time and effort much appreciated
    pkcable likes this.
    07-21-2017 07:36 AM
    I'm so glad you got it sorted, the Daydream is an amazing device! Enjoy!
    07-21-2017 10:21 AM