I was deeply underwhelmed by what I saw. It was a bunch of jump scares and gross bugs, but none of it was actually scary. Totally did not live up to the hype. Until Dawn: Crazy Psycho Clown Ride From Hell was significantly more terrifying.

We need better scares in VR. Less lame jumpiness and more straight up Brookhaven Experiment style fear for your well-being. But that's just me.
    krisguy likes this.
    10-17-2016 05:01 PM
    Agree. Jump scares only go so far. Haven't tried RE7 yet, but I'll weigh in when I do.
    10-17-2016 05:09 PM
    i kept trying to get cut loose. even when the bad guy was holding the knife to me the demo wouldnt let me use it to cut my binds. guess it was meant to be more of an experience then any actual game play.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-17-2016 08:11 PM
    I was deeply underwhelmed by what I saw. It was a bunch of jump scares and gross bugs, but none of it was actually scary. Totally did not live up to the hype. Until Dawn: Crazy Psycho Clown Ride From Hell was significantly more terrifying.

We need better scares in VR. Less lame jumpiness and more straight up Brookhaven Experiment style fear for your well-being. But that's just me.
    Hope they have good stuff for the final release.

I know a few videos have shown up on the web hinting of being able to wield a shotgun and access storage chest. Been playing the remastered HD version on PS4. Free this month for PSN members fyi

10-17-2016 08:32 PM
    Yeah, the Resident Evil demo didn't have me particularly spooked for the most part.

More immersive overall horror games would be awesome. I'm a scaredy cat, but I love horror games in general. I'm hoping that PSVR in particular gets the chance to shine with a game that is more than just stuff jumping at you. Sisters on Gear VR is still one of the scariest games I've played, and it was more the build up that got me, then the eventual climax.

I'd even like to see a game like the original Until Dawn, in VR. Playing into being surrounded by the terror, and less by things suddenly leaping at your face or jumping out of the darkness.
    iThunderbirt and krisguy like this.
    10-17-2016 10:50 PM
    I'm more excited about Bethesda adding OpenVR capabilities to Fallout 4. Imaging hearing those creepy scorpions and crabs jump you from behind!
    10-18-2016 10:29 PM
    YES!
    krisguy likes this.
    10-19-2016 08:34 AM
    I'm more excited about Bethesda adding OpenVR capabilities to Fallout 4. Imaging hearing those creepy scorpions and crabs jump you from behind!
    I'm not a huge Fallout fan, but I have plans to stick the boyfriend in and see how he likes it, since he's a Fallout junkie.
    krisguy likes this.
    10-19-2016 03:38 PM
    Jen, at least your SO is willing to try. My wife and 2 of my 3 kids won't touch it.
    10-19-2016 06:01 PM
    i love fallout. would be nice if they do a psvr version.

10-19-2016 06:46 PM