I know plenty of us were excited when Google first introduced Glass. We thought it would be the AR we all wanted, but I only know of a few people that still use it.

After reading Russell's review of the HoloLens Developer Edition, I'm wondering what everyone that comes here really wants from their VR/AR experience. This is a chance for our community to sound off for their pie-in-the-sky dream experience.

My perfect setup would be mobile, like Samsung's Gear VR, but have it's own battery source and use your existing mobile device. The data connection needs to be working from the headset (pet peeve of my current Gear VR) so we can plug in keyboards/mice/THUMBDRIVES (emphasis mine)/other devices.

I would also like to see a Miracast/DLNA/Wireless Monitor option so we can connect to displays to show multiple people how it looks without having to record video and edit.
    08-14-2016 02:11 PM
    I'd like to see something like Google Glass. The hololens is close, but i think glass or something like it would be ideal. It needs to be able to connect to my Android or Apple phone plus have some wifi support for independent operation. Also it needs to be much more affordable then the original glass was and what the Lens is now.
    08-14-2016 07:03 PM
    I love the HoloLens but it does not fill a void for me. like I don't do design work or need more screens in my life. I am ALL about gaming so something like the Vive or Oculus without the wiring hanging off is perfect for me. Well coupled with the tech in the Kinect so that you could have a real holodeck experience would be great.
    08-14-2016 07:54 PM