Free the fog!!!

Like most VR headsets, extended use can cause the lenses to fog up. However, a simple household solution to prevent the build up of condensation.

Make sure your lenses are clean first and apply a thin coating of shaving foam to them. Smudge into the lenses and leave for about 5 minutes after which buffer clean the lenses with the included anti-static cloth. After the following several VR experiences, the fogging will subside and each application lasts about three days.

Full Power!!!

To run VR experiences as smoothly as possibly, switch off any apps and services that you don’t require during your VR experiences. This includes any apps that use the camera (such as Smart Screen which uses the camera to determine whether the phone is being looked at), WiFi, Auto-Screen brightness and background data.

Head Phones a must!!

VR is more than just interactive visuals. Now many developers include 3D spatial audio too – this means that when you turn your head, the balance of audio will adjust accordingly to increase the sense of realism. To truly appreciate this, always wear headphones and if available, use noise cancelling versions to enclose you in the worlds even further.

Device overload

Most VR experiences are short, but if you ever encounter slow frame rates, it might be because your phone is getting too hot. The easy solution – turn your phone off for a few minutes and let it have a breather!

Take a spin!

If you can, use a swivel chair. Some VR experiences are full 360 degree experiences and there is nothing more frustating than to rotate your head 360 degrees on a sofa! Now you have the perfect excuse to spin around on the office chairs!

Be Creative

Don’t be passive in this brave new world – you are a pioneer! You can actually create and share your own VR experiences. iPhone users should check out CoSpaceswhere they can build their own VR worlds. Android users should check out ENTiTiwhich offers similar creative fun. Read our How to Make Your Own 360 Degree Photo article if you want to capture special moments in your life from every angle. You can even scan objects in 3D with your phone camera and view them in your Freefly VR with Seene for Android and iPhone. If you own a 360 camera, such as the THETA S, you can take your own photo-spheres and upload them directly to the Google Streetview rig
    pkcable likes this.
    05-27-2016 03:37 PM
    Swivel chairs are definitely a good recommendation. True story: I actually pulled a few muscles in my back while straining to look behind me when seated in my recliner soon after getting the Gear VR.

(what can I say? I was immersed in another world and forgot for a moment that I wasn't in a chair that could move). I do laugh about it now of course, as it definitely seems absurd!
    05-29-2016 05:52 AM
    i would also say, even though you are probably extremely excited to use it.
    Start out in small doses. for example only it for 15-20 minutes at a time. Give your eyes and brain a rest.
    09-05-2016 06:05 AM
    Another tip is if you easily get motion sickness, but still want to enjoy vr; while moving your head in an intense game you can lock your eyes on a certain spot. Works for me.
    09-06-2016 08:40 PM
    thanks for the information
    09-08-2016 03:52 AM
    If you have Google CardBoard Make yourself a head strap. I used a 2 inch wide elastic from a craft store and just made a loop I can put around my head and the VR headset. Im going to make another but with velcro next time.
    10-18-2016 08:15 PM
    Thanks for the tips.
    10-19-2016 09:57 AM
    I would also add anti-fog glass cleaner to the list. Find it where you find ski or paintball equipment.
    10-20-2016 03:19 AM
    Great tips. I hadn't thought about the need for headphones due to 360 sound. This really amped up the experience for me.
    10-24-2016 08:48 AM
    I've never had fog with my Vive. I have had major condensation behind the lenses once. Took about 20 minutes to clear. I doesn't happen if I leave it plugged in. I'm currently using a dehumidifier now though as my room is damp ridden.
    10-24-2016 11:22 AM
    I've tried a few headsets (maybe 5) & they all hurt the bridge of my nose after about 5 minutes.
    10-27-2016 05:53 PM
    I as just reading those tips here https://www.freeflyvr.com/vr-tips-and-tricks/

Are great advises, thanks for sharing.
    10-27-2016 10:51 PM
    I've tried a few headsets (maybe 5) & they all hurt the bridge of my nose after about 5 minutes.
    Hi welcome to VRheads!
    My Vive fit takes a bit of tweaking. I can't stand it even touching my nose lightly. Did you have time to adjust straps?
    10-28-2016 04:05 AM