When I get a brand new game on Steam for my Vive, it's great. I take the time to learn a new game, it forces me to clean up my living room, and I might get a workout depending on the game. After about 2 sessions, trying to get other people excited doesn't seem to work.

VR is such an immersive experience that multiplayer games have to be on point for a rapid adaption curve to be achieved. I really don't know of that many multiplayer games (KT&NE isn't multiplayer) but a few I've found just don't have enough people to fill lobbies yet.

Those of us that have the know-how and tools to live-stream our experiences can supplement some of this lack of interaction with a hot Beam or Twitch chat. Most people aren't going to want to stream or have the knowledge or patience to learn how.

Back to my original point, what is the standard for online multiplayer in VR? SportsBar VR? Tabletop Simulator? Neon Arena? Elite Dangerous? Something else? I really want to know because my family doesn't care for my games taking up the whole living room unless they are directly involved.
    03-09-2017 07:59 PM
    So far for me the Social VR is the fact everybody is amazed of VR, so when I show it to a group of friends mostly never tried and those who tried before want to do it again.

So right now I can simply show what ever I want to them because here is very expensive/hard tech to have.

I think one problem we have right now is VR is for everybody and gaming is most of the time made for gamers, so you need a background to know how to play.
    03-09-2017 10:12 PM
    Rec Room is coming along quite nicely. Although I haven't played it as much as other MP games, I'm pretty sure I've had some of the most meaningful experiences within.

I agree with your point of trying to get others involved, Kris. My S/O seems to lose interest pretty quickly when she's not the one playing, and I don't blame her.
    krisguy likes this.
    03-10-2017 03:14 PM
    I don't know what the answer is, but I agree it's a problem. I'm really not sure how to get in-person multi-player, but remote is there ... just not well-populated.
    krisguy likes this.
    03-10-2017 06:05 PM