Folks,

I just read this blog by Russell Holly comparing the GearVR to the Google Daydream View. It was an interesting read. I'm firmly in the Daydream camp. I think simply because it's more of an open platform, that Google Daydream is the way to go, BUT Russell presents each option well and DOES give me pause! Obviously if you are a Samsung fan and that is the type phone you usually buy then it might be a no brainer. BUT if you are open, then the blog I referenced is a great place to start!

So what are people's thoughts about this? What is the best way to go? GearVR, or Google Daydream View. OR is higher end Google Cardboard the way to go? Lets rule out a computer based system and the PSVR. YES for sure those are better, but lets talk in the sub 200 dollar range (and often sub 100 dollar range), that these phone based systems place us. Thoughts?

Rich
    01-20-2017 11:25 AM
    Well my bet is the next Samsung Flagship will be Tango/Daydream/GearVR compatible, and that will be the way to go

It's hard in fact to take one instead of the other, as Russell said both are great and both are not the same, even when the basics are the same, so if this year Samsung announces something with all the AR and VR tech already on the market for sure will be the brand to follow.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-21-2017 07:31 PM
    Whats the best low budget VR for beginners??
    04-03-2017 02:17 AM
    I personally havent tried it but the "Magiove" looks fairly decent and fits inside the low budget bracket. Its currently on sale for $16.99 and used to be $49.99
    pkcable likes this.
    04-16-2017 07:02 AM
    I recommend a "cardboard" that is actually made of plastic, and that has a comfortable strap. There are many MANY good models.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    04-24-2017 09:59 AM