Folks,

I was not sure where to post this thread, BUT I plan to watch my first sporting event in VR tonight. I mentioned this in another thread. I got an NBA trial just so I can watch this game, BUT I think it has expired. NO worriers, I will get another trial, OR just pay the 6.99 to buy the game. THAT is how much I want to check this out! And I don't even like basketball. HOWEVER I have enjoyed the few games I went to where I had court seats, and THAT is what I expect this to be like. Just the fact that this is possible is what intrigues me.

Anyone else going to virtually join me at the game?

VR - NBA.com
    12-13-2016 01:16 PM
    Folks,

I was not sure where to post this thread, BUT I plan to watch my first sporting event in VR tonight. I mentioned this in another thread. I got an NBA trial just so I can watch this game, BUT I think it has expired. NO worriers, I will get another trial, OR just pay the 6.99 to buy the game. THAT is how much I want to check this out! And I don't even like basketball. HOWEVER I have enjoyed the few games I went to where I had court seats, and THAT is what I expect this to be like. Just the fact that this is possible is what intrigues me.

Anyone else going to virtually join me at the game?

VR - NBA.com
    Won't be able to unfortunately but cool none the less that you will get a chance to try it out in honor of the VRHeads Community
    12-13-2016 06:42 PM
    Ok interesting experience that did NOT go as planned. It appears NextVR is not quite ready for prime time on the Daydream platform. I was NOT able to watch the game. Just after game time I put on my headset and started up the app, BUT the game was mysteriously not listed. HMMM, so I figured maybe my free trial was over and I had to pay for the game, no worries it's only 6.99. So I bought the game, rebooted the phone and tried again. STILL no game!!!! Ok so I have a tweet out to NextVR to find out what is up. HOWEVER the NBA was superb in handling this and they gladly refunded my 6.99. Kudos to the NBA, I will DEFINITELY buy more games if/when NextVR gets this sorted out!

PS for sure I will watch the game highlights when they post them most likely tomorrow.
    12-13-2016 09:05 PM
    I heard back from NextVR....

NBA VR Warriors v Pelicans 12/13/2016-screen-shot-2016-12-13-9.45.53-pm.png
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-13-2016 09:43 PM
    Well, not a fan of watching sports lately and also bad Internet, so I should pas on it, I think for me is downloading videos :P
    12-13-2016 10:17 PM
    Glad you got your a refund. Hope things will be better next time around.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-13-2016 10:22 PM
    I'm not an NBA fan either really, I was just doing this because I REALLY appreciate the technology! Once NextVR gets this together they WILL get 6.99 from me! Hopefully they'll do Hockey games soon!
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    12-13-2016 11:28 PM
    I read this I remember about your thread:

NBA Virtual Reality: A Surprisingly Good Experience | SI.com

So you should be right about how good it is, and if it's true, we will be able to watch any sport on VR pretty soon.
    12-15-2016 12:19 AM
    The highlights, condensed and full game replays I have viewed are amazing!
    12-15-2016 01:55 AM
    01-04-2017 10:24 AM