Hey guys. Just wanted to give a little bit of an update. So I was able to briefly setup my HTC VIVE that I won right here on VRHeads. Now I say briefly because my wife runs a home daycare and the only place I could setup was the daycare room. That means I had to have it all disassembled by the morning. But for the time I had it setup I was really, really impressed. I didn't get too far past the tutorial because the software I purchased didn't have time to download before I took everything down. But even the tutorial was amazing. I really felt like I was in that white room. And the tracking was unbelievable. This is obviously my only real experience, other than Gear VR, but this is how you do it. This thing has motivated me to get my basement organized just so I can really setup and go all in on VR. Stay tuned more to come soon...

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    07-29-2016 11:48 AM
    The Vive is an amazing device. Being able to see a perfect virtual representation of the controllers is so cool!! The first time I put the helmet on and saw them sitting there I was just blown away.
    krisguy and Myonic like this.
    07-29-2016 07:45 PM
    I would love to get one for my boys!
    07-30-2016 12:39 AM
    For anyone here, the best way to try one is head to a Microsoft Store, if you have one nearby. Also, most Best Buy stores will have a Intel store-within-a-store with an Oculus Rift demo. Played with both in Salt Lake City. Vive was better because of the tracking, as the Rift demo at the time didn't have the tracking sensors.
    07-30-2016 01:03 AM
    When will our wives learn? Buy us a VR headset and we'll clean up the basement.
    07-30-2016 03:50 AM
    Don't forget, we have a thread under meet ups for altspace and vtime. Please join and add your names to the list.
    07-30-2016 10:39 PM
    Me and my grandma planned for a week or two to take a visit to a Microsoft store for Vive. When we finally got there, their PC had just broken the same morning, and they wouldn't have a replacement until the next day. We're going to go back out some time soon, I'm really excited to try it!
    10-16-2016 03:41 AM
    Can't wait to get one, what's the first thing you recommend I do with it?
    10-16-2016 10:25 AM
    Me and my grandma planned for a week or two to take a visit to a Microsoft store for Vive. When we finally got there, their PC had just broken the same morning, and they wouldn't have a replacement until the next day. We're going to go back out some time soon, I'm really excited to try it!
    Do it. I tried it at the Microsoft Store by Temple Square in Salt Lake, then went to a Best Buy to try the Rift. Room scale is the way to go, and with Revive, you won't miss out on many Oculus exclusive apps.
    10-20-2016 03:23 AM
    This is truly an amazing piece of tech. My wife and I tried it out at a microsoft store and were absolutely blown away at the level of immersion and interactivity we experienced. My wife typically hates games and gaming and is not the biggest fan of fancy tech like this, but she enjoyed it more than I did and was trying to talk ME into getting it! If you haven't yet GO TRY IT OUT!
    10-31-2016 07:22 AM