Well the day has arrived. Here in Ottawa, the Rideau Centre is hosting Sony's PSVR both until the end of this week.

After two gentlemen had their go with the PSVR (one played Deep Sea the other Eve: Valkyrie) come my turn, I decided to play Battle Zone thanks to numerous post I saw in the VR Heads forms.

WOW!

Totally awesome experience! I mean, you are IN the tank and not driving a "remote tank" like in Tank Wars. I must have missed in the videos but you can see your controller in you VR. That is, when the game guides you through the options, simply look down a bit and you get to see what buttons to press.

As for the game itself? Totally fun. A game that will be on my list. I like the look. And having the capability to quickly look around with VR, make the game way more fun.

Hope everyone gets to experience it.

Included a couple of pics. (A look at the kiosk and me playing Battlezone)
    Finally...I experienced the PSVR :D-img_20161004_162006.jpg

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Finally...I experienced the PSVR :D-299.jpg  
    Last edited by iThunderbirt; 10-05-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    10-04-2016 04:11 PM
    I'm excited for BattleZone. It looks like the one game besides EVE:Valkerye that I would want.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-04-2016 06:48 PM
    Ah man!!! I'm so ready! All the stands between me and PSVR is Hurricane Matthew (I'm in the Charleston, SC area and we are under an evacuation area) and 8 days!!
    10-04-2016 10:54 PM
    Ah man!!! I'm so ready! All the stands between me and PSVR is Hurricane Matthew (I'm in the Charleston, SC area and we are under an evacuation area) and 8 days!!
    Safety first! PSVR can wait

10-05-2016 06:11 AM
    I forgot about mentioned about the headphones I was using.

Of course, demoing a product by Sony, one is to expect to use Sony headphones. The headphone that were in use are the Sony Gold Wireless Headset. It used a 3.5mm cable and was connected to the PSVR headphone jack.

I was always curious to try them. Now that I did, I found them to be comfortable and the sound was good. I was very impressed on how much noise was canceld being surrounded by people and being in a mall. Now I might have a challenge in picking between the Gold Wireless Headset and Plantronics RIG 4VR.
    10-05-2016 10:08 PM
    Oh mate, I'm so jealous hahaha

I think everyone is excited right now, but from your experience, among the actual options like the Rift, ViVE and PSVR which one is the best, not only cost/experience but quality/confort?
    10-08-2016 10:30 AM
    Oh mate, I'm so jealous hahaha

I think everyone is excited right now, but from your experience, among the actual options like the Rift, ViVE and PSVR which one is the best, not only cost/experience but quality/confort?
    So far, the PSVR is the only experience I got so far in the world of VR. A friend of mine bought a Vive and I hope to be able to try it in order to compare.

Thus far, I like the PSVR for setting it up seems simple. As in, plug everything in, quick calibration before playing a game then you are all set. I believe this will be among the selling points of PSVR.

As for quality, was very impressed on how light the PSVR is. It's very comfortable. Adjusting the HMD is simple. In the back you have a "dial thingy" to tighten or loosen the band. The visor has a button on the bottom right to move it away or bring it closer to your eyes. The combination of the two helps with adjusting the focus. The interesting part is the nose rest. It's a flexible plastic band so when putting the PSVR on, it rests comfortably on your nose. In the end, the materials used for its design didn't feel cheep.

It also has lights in the back so you can look in 360. Having playing only Battlezone thus far, when in the game I was in awe. The first thing that I said a loud was "I'm in a tank!". Graphics were nice and the game play was just awesome.

In terms of price, for me, it would be the less expensive way to get into VR as I would only need to get one hardware. I am definitely looking forward when I will be able to get one as I am more of a console gamer than PC.

Last edited by iThunderbirt; 10-09-2016 at 06:40 AM.
    10-08-2016 12:12 PM
    Wow Mate you made a great description of your experience, I think you will make a great post of the comparison of the devices after you try the ViVE.

I don't have a PS4 so for me it's kind of expensive, but for sure I will do the reasonable possibly to get one PSVR.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:11 PM
    I tried today but didn't find a store near my office.
    Will try again tomorrow...
    10-13-2016 11:43 AM
    Sony should offer a PS4 + PSVR bundle with a discount...
    10-13-2016 12:26 PM
    I also had the happy opportunity to experience the Playstation VR at a store near my house, after watching four people playing The London Heist, VR Luge and Ocean Descent even had to try and I can say I was amazed !!

I decided to play the Scavengers Odyssey and although he stayed with the feeling that the demo was short, it was intense, I was amazed by that, I really felt I was in a ship and was an alien, a simple movement with the head and "see" the hands were otherwise and color was amazing, the sounds of the ship, the shots were amazing and the colors although very brownish (ok is the space did not know what to expect: D) ​​had quality (much better quality than expected, because I knew it was going to be with the screen very close to the eyes). I also want to emphasize the sound, which with Sony headphones raised the thing to another level, I realized that when I was in the mothership the sounds were "normal" just a normal voice like someone that was giving me instructions and sounds alarms etc, but when I left the mothership and went to space, the emptiness that I felt was brutal, I felt that I was truly in space !!

I had to go home but my head was still on that spaceship...I was smiling all the time lol I felt like i was 10 years old again!

The next day I headed on purpose to the largest shopping that is 30km from here because once again for my happiness there was showing a demo of PSVR I had to got there!

I asked to play the Ocean Descent

Again I want to emphasize the sound, it made me feel that I was at the bottom of the ocean, I almost was felt the pressure in my body, then i must highlight the colors especially the intense blue of the ocean, the yellow coral and green algae, I felt that the cage was right there, the graphics were more real than the Scavengers Odyssey, perhaps as expected as it is a totally different scenario and similar to our world(?)

When descending the increasingly pressure and breathing of the diver (intensity), I must recognize that at times I began to doubt if I had to control my breathing!

The first impact with the shark was unbelievable, the diver's distress when he approaches the cage and when the breathing becomes more and more intense, the light pointing (from the diver helmet) is almost real, we can see sand falling from the rocks to our side, and the best moment was when the shark passes by...just 20 centimeters from me and the fin touches the cage (where I was) and this causes to stir the cage ...damnnnn you can't explain that you have to experience it yourself!!

I also saw a bunch of guys playing The London Heist and I had to try that one... so when the guy called me I asked to play The London Heist, there is not much more to say but I can say that the thing i loved the most: the simple gesture that was reloading the gun ... something so trivial, but so so rewarding at the same time, I was in a movie!
    Pointing the gun andsee the trajectory of the bullets...to be able to shoot the tires of the cars and to see them crash and burn! damnn

I can not even describe what I felt in better words...this was something spectacular!
    iThunderbirt and krisguy like this.
    10-13-2016 01:49 PM
    Nice! I am looking forward to trying it. I did not have a chance to do so when the demo was up because of long lines and lack of time.
    10-18-2016 10:22 PM
    Nice! I am looking forward to trying it. I did not have a chance to do so when the demo was up because of long lines and lack of time.
    I hear that! The day I went to try the PSVR, I forgot the "school is over" factor. I waited...then I got to try it. Was it worth the wait? Because it was my first VR experience...yes. yes it was

10-19-2016 04:56 AM
    Another thing to consider is the screen door effect. Apparently the PSVR does not have as noticeable of a SDE as Vive and Oculus. Here is an article explaining it. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.vrhea...en-door-effect
    12-09-2016 10:57 PM