I have had my Daydream View for almost a week now, for my Pixel XL. I have noticed somethings like "Fantastic Beast" seem zoomed in real close. I was checking out the "Within" App last night, and watched the "Mr Robot" VR experience video and it just seemed like it was zoomed in real close to Elliot. Is this a field of view limitation or are the videos / games suppose to be zoomed in like that?
    12-14-2016 10:58 AM
    For most, but not all VR, you are in what is called POV, or Point of View, that is YOU are the center of what is going on around, sometimes this creates the effect that things seem zoomed in. Some 360 videos you'll find on YouTube VR may not be as bad, and some shall we say "adult" content may be the worst (or some may think it's a good thing) offender.
    12-14-2016 11:23 AM
    I was thinking field of view (FOV) like in video gaming, how much is displayed on the screen in front of you. I know with the Daydream you get 360 in most apps / games but as far as how much is in actual view does seem zoomed like it has a lower FOV then what the human eye can actually see. I guess this is just a limitation of VR since it cannot simulate / cover peripheral vision. I talked to a co-worker that has a Gear VR and he said he experiences the same thing with it in most games.
    12-14-2016 12:07 PM
    I think maybe the more expensive, Oculus, and HTC Vive headsets which have an expensive computer with a powerful video card MIGHT do a better job of this. Perhaps some Oculus or Vive owners will chime in on this. Like you I'm a Daydream owner.

EDIT: I have reached out to some friends, who own other headsets for comment on this.
    SlappyMcgee likes this.
    12-14-2016 12:23 PM
    Thank you

I know it is also up to the developer of the app or video, but it would be nice if we could zoom out a bit if we are presented with something that seems too close or large right in front our face.
    12-14-2016 01:24 PM
    I think P is right, in order to avoid heavy data lifting on the Daydream the amount of data per picture should be reduced, I never experienced that on my Rift, actually is a lot of experiences you can zoom out, but in regular basis you will feel like you are one about the regular size guy.
    pkcable, SlappyMcgee and krisguy like this.
    12-14-2016 01:30 PM
    Thank you Chemy for chiming in
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-14-2016 02:48 PM
    My Note has the original VR headset, so it only has <100 degree FOV. I definitely don't get as many problems with my Vive as the Gear, but it is all about raw processing power at this point.
    pkcable and SlappyMcgee like this.
    12-14-2016 08:13 PM
    Thank you for the input krisguy
    12-15-2016 06:22 AM
    Field of View differentiation isn't going to cause any huge differences in what is visible for video content, but with Daydream in particular the image can appear zoomed in if the phone isn't totally centered in the headset. Daydream relies on its position in the headset to draw the image, which on the one hand is kind of cool because it means you never have a split image that looks bad but the compensation is occasionally a little limiting.
    12-15-2016 11:47 AM
    It is just the resolution limitation that makes it look zoomed in on the Daydream with my Pixel XL?
    12-18-2016 09:54 AM