Two interesting things happened today that made me wanted to ask this question. First I had a conversation with a coworker about technology, and how far it's come with our youth. I commented that children "come out of the womb with a device in their hands these days" jokingly. She then told me that they use iPads and VR at her sons' school in the education process! THEN I read this blog by @James Bricknell. In it he talks about several apps other than games and videos.

This really got me thinking about the endless possibilities of VR in education, training, real estate, etc. It's amazing. I have a friend who uses VR to sell houses. He makes a 360 video, or videos of the property and puts them on a website.

Anyways what do you all think of this?
    11-16-2017 03:32 PM
    Yes -- VR really does have endless possibilities. The cool thing is with all the 360 cameras out there, many at a very reasonable price, there will be a lot more content across all the use cases. Of course, curating all of that content just to the good/valuable will become tougher.

Re: the education example, students are now creating the VR applications themselves, making it even more interactive. And using web-based tools, you can publish to headsets pretty easily, including Daydream, without coding. I wrote about the value in students creating their own VR for EdScoop recently: Want VR to work? Make college students the content creators
    02-23-2018 01:04 PM