Folks,

So I traded my Pixel for a Moto Z Force. YEA YEA, not exactly even, BUT I did get some mods including the projector which retails for like 300. Anyways I just wanted to give some observations about how the Daydream works with the Z. First off, you need to install the Daydream software, as it's not already installed like on the Pixel. Also the Daydream software does NOT autostart when you place the phone in the VR headset, you must manually start Daydream AND press the VR button on it's homescreen. I did not find this to be a major problem, and maybe in some ways better. Remote paired up just fine, and the phone works well inside the Daydream, I did not notice any other issues besides that start up situation. Additionally the Quad HD screen of the Z looks beautiful inside the Daydream, better than my Pixel. Can't compare to the Pixel XL since I have not used one, BUT it looks better than the Pixel. Apps functioned as normal. The device while warm to the touch upon ending a VR session, was not anymore so than my Pixel was, and maybe even a bit less so, but it's hard to judge. I don't see overheating as an issue.

Overall I would say the Moto Z Force (and probably any Moto Z) is a fine addition to the Daydream family of compatible phone!
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-27-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    03-26-2017 10:54 PM
    That's great.

I think you summarized some of the common questions we all might have.

I was wondering, maybe the auto start is related with some config or maybe the NFC or something?

What are you missing from the Pixel and what do you think the Moto Z has which the Pixel should have?

that device is cheaper and more wild proof than the Pixel and those are good reasons for me to aim to get one.
    03-28-2017 09:27 PM
    Pk
    I just got the Moto Z and I cannot download the Daydream app all I can do is the Google VR Service app which does not include any ability to use the remote any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    PS I have tried forcing the Daydream app to load and it keeps saying unavailable?
    07-20-2017 09:06 AM
    Pk
    I just got the Moto Z and I cannot download the Daydream app all I can do is the Google VR Service app which does not include any ability to use the remote any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    PS I have tried forcing the Daydream app to load and it keeps saying unavailable?
    EZ, which Z do you have? Only the Z Droid, and Z Force Droid support Daydream, the Z Play does not. I'm not sure about the new Z 2 Force, but I think that does.
    08-01-2017 07:10 PM