So i currently have a Gear VR with a samsung s6 in it.
    I am about to get a pixle and my question is to those that have tried both the daydream and the gear VR is should i fork out the cash to get the Daydream as well?
    What benefits will i get from it?
    02-01-2017 12:46 AM
    Pyrock, for 79 bucks, I would get the Daydream viewer. The biggest plus that I see in the Daydream ecosystem is the integration of YouTube with a app designed for 360. I hate having to use Samsung Browser for YouTube videos because it takes a ton of clicks to get it working. There will be more features than Cardboard as people start using the APIs in their development also.
    02-01-2017 10:19 AM
    So i currently have a Gear VR with a samsung s6 in it.
    I am about to get a pixle and my question is to those that have tried both the daydream and the gear VR is should i fork out the cash to get the Daydream as well?
    What benefits will i get from it?
    Honestly if you are going to grab the pixel, you might as well get the Daydream. It isn'ta huge leap up from the Gear VR, but it isn't a huge investment and it's cool to have the wand.
    02-01-2017 11:12 PM
    I have not tried the GearVR so I can't really compare, BUT I love my Daydream! It's fantastic! Apps are starting to come, YES its still pretty sparse BUT there is enough to keep you entertained and just about every other day more comes. Well every few days anyways! It works quite well too with the controller/remote, and the HMD itself. It DOES cook your phone, so you must use it in chunks and give your phone a cool down break, BUT I have done marathon sessions. It's a battery killer too, and you must remember to keep the remote charged. But in the end I love it and highly recommend it!
    krisguy likes this.
    02-02-2017 09:48 AM
    So I've used both Gear VR and Daydream fairly extensively at this point.

Personally, I like Daydream a lot more. It's lighter, and definitely easier to wear for longer periods of time. The Pixel also handles VR better in terms of heat than the S6 does which makes sense since the Pixel was built to run with Daydream. It's also worth remembering that Daydream is getting several titles that aren't necessarily available elsewhere. Since Daydream runs off of Android you also get access to the massive amount of content available in the Play Store. Moving forward using Daydream you can jump directly into VR on some websites while browsing in Chrome on your Pixel.

It really comes down to weighing the pros and cons of each and deciding which way you want to go. Since you already have a Gear VR, if you aren't trading in your S6 then I'd say it's worth picking up Daydream in order to have access to everything. Having multiple headsets means that you are better prepared in case an awesome exclusive title releases for either of the headsets you own.
    krisguy likes this.
    02-21-2017 01:12 PM
    The Daydream View HMD/controller is currently $49 at the Google Store. If you're buying a Pixel phone I can't see why you wouldn't want to get one of these.
    02-22-2017 08:07 AM
    The Daydream View HMD/controller is currently $49 at the Google Store. If you're buying a Pixel phone I can't see why you wouldn't want to get one of these.
    More than just the Pixel. Google's been adding support fast.
    02-22-2017 11:55 AM