If the Samsung Gear is already out..

Why is Android coming out with another headset? I understand that they want to be more universal (less the Samsung branding)
    Any advantages in terms of lens quality or FOV?
    11-02-2016 11:37 AM
    The problem is that new VR content will follow Daydream's STD, thus at least youll get a Daydream Remote (actually only differentiator over cardboard) you'll cant use Samsung VR Gear, otherwise Samsung VR Gear while heavier its better made and more convenient too.
    11-02-2016 12:26 PM
    Because only Samsung Galaxy devices support Gear VR. It's not even Google competing with Samsung. It's Samsung locking competitor phone companies out of their product, and Google providing an open platform for any Android owner (provided their phone is new/powerful enough).
    LezCronut likes this.
    11-04-2016 09:41 AM
    I think a main difference is Daydream suppose to be a platform where the Phone has already more sensors and hardware to handle VR while Gear VR even when uses a lot of sensors and tech from the phone it's more about the tech in the Headset.

And of course, Gear VR is only for some Samsung Smartphones while Daydream might be for Android in general, there is very possible that the next Samsungs phones will be also Daydream compatible
    11-04-2016 04:10 PM
    If the Samsung Gear is already out..

Why is Android coming out with another headset? I understand that they want to be more universal (less the Samsung branding)
    Any advantages in terms of lens quality or FOV?
    I do believe the gear vr has a larger FOV. the gear vr is 101, and although I can't find it now, and it may have been a forum post, daydream may be 90.
    11-07-2016 08:06 AM
    I do believe the gear vr has a larger FOV. the gear vr is 101, and although I can't find it now, and it may have been a forum post, daydream may be 90.
    Apparently it's 90 degrees for the Pixel and 95 for the Pixel XL. But of course, we won't know till people actually try it out. Personally I was hoping for a Daydream View FOV at least on the same level as the latest Gear VR. Maybe the next version, who knows....
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-08-2016 12:42 PM
    It's larger, but you really don't notice the difference side by side.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-14-2016 04:25 PM