Folks,

As you may know soon, with a software update from Samsung, the S8/S8 Plus will support the Google Daydream View in addition to the GearVR. This will be the only current phone to do this, and likely only future Samsung phones will have this capability, IF any.

So before you get your Daydream View headset, please prepare yourself and your S8. Follow the instructions in this blog from Jen Karner...

How to prepare your Galaxy S8 for Google Daydream | VRHeads
    05-24-2017 04:20 PM
    Folks,

As you may know soon, with a software update from Samsung, the S8/S8 Plus will support the Google Daydream View in addition to the GearVR. This will be the only current phone to do this, and likely only future Samsung phones will have this capability, IF any.

So before you get your Daydream View headset, please prepare yourself and your S8. Follow the instructions in this blog from Jen Karner...

How to prepare your Galaxy S8 for Google Daydream | VRHeads
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!
    05-24-2017 08:14 PM
    If we're impatient to wait for official daydream support on an S8 is there a way to rig it to work? I imagine cardboard apps would work with the daydream headset right? Just no controller support. Sorry I'm ignorant to all this

I've never had any VR experience, bought an S8plus and my gear VR free with purchase is still weeks/months out. Would be nice to be able to try it out
    05-25-2017 03:40 PM
    This is kinda making me wish I'd been able to get an S8+ already, lol.
    05-25-2017 05:57 PM
    If we're impatient to wait for official daydream support on an S8 is there a way to rig it to work? I imagine cardboard apps would work with the daydream headset right? Just no controller support. Sorry I'm ignorant to all this

I've never had any VR experience, bought an S8plus and my gear VR free with purchase is still weeks/months out. Would be nice to be able to try it out
    ADVANCED TOPIC!
    It may be possible to use the procedure in the following blog, BUT it requires root access, which you may or may not be able to do on the S8. Plus you might not want to! How to manually enable Daydream on phones Google has not approved | VRHeads
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-26-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    05-26-2017 11:00 AM
    In addition to what @pkcable said, you can use cardboard apps with just about any headset. It won't be Daydream, but will still give you a taste of VR.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-26-2017 11:12 AM
    Too nice, the only sad is you can't use your (in case you have it) GearVR controller as the Daydream but at least pretty cheap that you can use your GearVR as a Daydream headset.
    05-26-2017 09:57 PM