Hey guys,

I'm craving an HTC vive at the moment but I'm not going to impulse buy one. I'm not sure if I've got the right space, and I'm probably going to leave home in less than a year so it's a bit useless to get one now.

I'm wondering if getting a daydream view used off ebay or something would be a good option. I've tried a vive and thought it absolutely incredible, and I've tried a cardboard running off a nexus 4 and it was pretty meh. Those were two years ago.

I tried a gear VR running off an S7 edge I think a bit more than a year ago and it was ok, but I was a little bit queasy coming out of it. The screen door was a lot less bad, but the 60FPS framerate was a bit jarring. I feel it would be even worse now that I've been gaming at 144Hz for a year.

My phone is an OG Pixel XL.

Would it be worth picking up a cheap daydream, or should I not bother at all and remember the amazing experience from the vive I tried earlier?
    08-16-2018 01:05 AM
    Well I loved my Daydream! Its not quite as cool as the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, BUT it works quite well for VR experiences. Make sure to check out the Mr. Robot experience. Another good option is the Oculus Go, which costs about 200. It actually has a better picture quality than the Rift or Vive. HOWEVER it does not have the full 6 degrees of freedom, and movement tracking of the Rift or Vive. It's also totally standalone not requiring a phone (except for a brief setup) or computer.
    08-16-2018 07:46 AM