Folks,

Guess you all know I was pretty disappointed with HBO Go VR. Netflix VR suffers from similar problems, BUT it's not nearly as bad. It has a better looking environment, although it's not customizable at all, but it DOES allow you to sign in without removing the headset. It also has some neat effects while you are watching movies, so be sure to look around. No VR content to speak of BUT the shows look fantastic on the large screen. Over all I can see the potential, they just need to work on the interface a bit. They need to learn a lesson from Hulu!

Speaking of Hulu, why is it Hulu was able to get an app out with the release of Daydream, but HBO and Netflix keep us waiting and it ain't as good? lol
    12-10-2016 05:27 PM
    I think it was exactly as you said: They needed to see if it was worth the limited resources required to make their apps VR compatible. Or maybe it just was one of those things they didn't even think of it until someone else did it and then had to play follow the leader.
    12-11-2016 12:59 PM
    Hulu has been crushing it with their VR setup. The big thing Netflix has going for it is being able to look up at the "ceiling" and watch something. That, to me, should be a mandatory feature for all VR video players.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-15-2016 11:57 AM
    Hulu has been crushing it with their VR setup. The big thing Netflix has going for it is being able to look up at the "ceiling" and watch something. That, to me, should be a mandatory feature for all VR video players.
    The FullDive guy is VERY ambitious also, hope he can get it together, might prefer to watch Netflix, Hulu, etc in there. He's a little bit wild west at the moment, BUT he has big plans and what he has running actually works pretty good!
    12-15-2016 03:10 PM
    I absolutely love watching TV in my Gear VR. Took a 10-hr road trip and when I wasn't driving I was in VR. It's too bad HBO flubbed so hard -- their content is the best. What a time to be alive.
    12-16-2016 10:41 AM
    I like Hulu's interface better in Gear VR, but it seems to continually drop the connection. Netflix stays rock solid, so I tend to use it more.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-22-2016 08:48 PM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to use Netflix VR with PC VR headsets like the Vive or the Rift?
    It seems like all those options are only compatible with GearVR..
    01-02-2017 02:35 AM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to use Netflix VR with PC VR headsets like the Vive or the Rift?
    It seems like all those options are only compatible with GearVR..
    Actually I'm mostly talking Google Daydream View here. Not sure about the Rift or the Vive, but I can't see why not. After a bit of research I have found you need a "virtual desktop" app to run Netflix, HBO, etc on the Rift or Vive, that for the most part they do NOT have native apps.
    01-03-2017 10:44 AM