Folks,

I just read this blog, and was starting to worry abit about the performance of the MotoZ (and Force Z) with the Google Daydream View. And of course other non Pixel phones. Hopefully this turns out to be a non issues, BUT it IS alarming. What do you all think?

Rich
    12-07-2016 10:36 AM
    That's not fun. I saw among the comments of an SDK being a possible issue and that maybe an update "could" fix it.

Knowing this, if the SDK needs to be updated in order to be optimized, maybe it would be good to have an option to download an updated SDK. That is if it is not to complicated as there will soon be many Daydream offerings.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-07-2016 04:39 PM
    Yeah, I read that too. Interesting post, but it's hard to tell if that level of performance drop would be noticable in action. I was thinking about buying a Moto Z myself...
    12-15-2016 01:11 PM
    I think to all speak on the same page this is the comment:

igorkey
    Disclosure - I work for Motorola. I have worked on this project specifically, so I know what's going on. Daydream apps must be compiled against SDK 1.0.3+ to have good performance with Moto Z. Many apps were initially released with an older SDK and now are in the process of getting updated.
    I think initially will have problems because it's new more than anything else not well tested.
    12-15-2016 03:05 PM