Hey Google Daydream fans!

In case you are looking for an alternative to the Google Pixel, the Moto Z and Moto Z Force will be Daydream Ready once they receive an update to Android Nougat.

More information in this article.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
      Last edited by iThunderbirt; 11-23-2016 at 06:03 PM.
      pkcable and Chemy JMHT like this.
      11-22-2016 04:38 PM
      Hey Google Daydream fans!

In case you are looking for an alternative to in this article.

The way your link is structured it only points to the Pixel homepage... Pretty sure this was your intended link.

Hoping this proves more legit than other OEMs' claims. I'd suggest anyone looking at buying one of those two handsets with Daydream being a factor hold off (the hopefully very short amount of time) until Google formally issues a statement certifying these to be Daydream-ready, to be certain

Hopefully they do indeed make the cut. I have the Pixel XL, but am not a phone snob and have no desire to tilt my nose at other phones by retain exclusivity of compatibility... The more handsets that qualify, the faster developers will get on board - more the merrier!

(ps - Hunters Gate is amazing!)
      iThunderbirt and pkcable like this.
      11-23-2016 09:50 AM
      The way your link is structured it only points to the Pixel homepage... Pretty sure this was your intended link.
      Thanks Jeremy8000. I just viewed my post on my laptop and noticed it wasn't showing properly. I removed the Google Pixel link in case it caused more confusion.

(ps - Hunters Gate is amazing!)
      Awesome!
      pkcable likes this.
      11-23-2016 06:06 PM
      I actually like the Force, so another good option.
      11-23-2016 11:39 PM
      I should have a Moto Z in a couple weeks (yea yea I'm crazy like that! if you only knew how many phones I have had in the last 10 years!) So i will be able to do some testing on this soon! On a side note and already mentioned in another thread I started. I was able to get some stuff working on my iPhone in the Daydream. You can sorta use it as if it were a cardboard. I would imagine this would work in just about ANY android phone except for the fact that you can't click to select stuff, BUT some apps have the ability to stare, and wait to select, and those work brilliantly! JauntVR being the prime example of this! Downloaded and played VR movies work too in standard slip screen mode, you just start the movie then pop in the phone! (NFC must be turned off of course, so the controller doesn't try to take over)
      iThunderbirt and Chemy JMHT like this.
      12-01-2016 10:18 AM
      I should have a Moto Z in a couple weeks (yea yea I'm crazy like that! if you only knew how many phones I have had in the last 10 years!) So i will be able to do some testing on this soon! On a side note and already mentioned in another thread I started. I was able to get some stuff working on my iPhone in the Daydream. You can sorta use it as if it were a cardboard. I would imagine this would work in just about ANY android phone except for the fact that you can't click to select stuff, BUT some apps have the ability to stare, and wait to select, and those work brilliantly! JauntVR being the prime example of this! Downloaded and played VR movies work too in standard slip screen mode, you just start the movie then pop in the phone! (NFC must be turned off of course, so the controller doesn't try to take over)
      I think eventually cardboard will be out of the game and all VR Android will be on daydream.
      12-01-2016 06:00 PM
      Turns out I won't be getting the Moto after all the guy raised the price on me. . So I had to pass.
      12-01-2016 10:05 PM
      Turns out I won't be getting the Moto after all the guy raised the price on me. . So I had to pass.
      Bu-rns!!!!

I hate when some do that.

12-02-2016 07:37 AM
      I'm thinking a way to (legally) get it here, I have a Moto and I think this really did the job for some years, maybe this December the Giveaway thread bring one to some of us :P

I think the price is a little high, I don't actually care if the devices is thinner than others, I would love to see a lower price than lower thickness
      12-10-2016 09:38 PM