Folks,

I just got done checking out MLB VR for Google Daydream. Other platforms are out of luck. How about THAT! Usually it's us on the outside looking in. Anyways it's an interesting app. While their selection of 360 videos is VERY limited. They have 6 of them. And you can't watch games in 360, what you DO get while watching live games is VERY cool. You get to select your feed as usual, and then you watch the game on a screen in front of you that is crystal clear and looks like a HUGE TV (60 inch maybe), BUT stats are all around you in 360, AND you get a 3D strike zone as pitches come in, like you see on TV but WAY cooler! OR you can expand the video and watch on like a 120 inch TV!

NOW the experience is not without flaws. Like I said 360 videos are limited. Also you only get live games and full game relays, highlights and condensed game replays are not available, BUT they do have clips of great plays, just not full game highlight reels or those famous condensed games. Also after watching a few games and switching around a bit I started to lose the ability to connect to games, and have to reboot the phone to fix it.

Those issues aside I think MLB VR is a hit and I can't WAIT to watch more games!

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/230987...-in-at-bat-vr/
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-18-2017 at 09:23 PM.
    06-18-2017 09:00 PM
    That's unfortunate about the limits of the available 360 videos

It must be definitely cool to see the stats around you.

Curious: Information that is displayed around you during a game, are you able to move them around to your viewing preferences or are they static?
    06-20-2017 05:48 PM
    That's unfortunate about the limits of the available 360 videos

It must be definitely cool to see the stats around you.

Curious: Information that is displayed around you during a game, are you able to move them around to your viewing preferences or are they static?
    Static, the only think you can do is enlarge the size of the game which takes away the stats and makes the game appear on a curved screen twice as large. BUT even with the stats it looks pretty big to you in your field of view.
    06-22-2017 07:59 AM