Folks,

Ok you know me, I have to try! So I figured out a way to load the Australian app on to my Daydream. It's called realstate VR. It was actually pretty boring, BUT it really shows the potential for practical application of VR tech in the real world. Through the app you get to visit actual Australian addresses (I guess properties that are or WERE for sale) and see inside the homes. The app lets you sort of walk through the house by using a series of 360 photos you access by clicking on progressive dots. It's really quite fascinating. You'll need a proxy or VPN to download the app, and it's probably not worth the effort! (Google Street View is another example of this technology) BUT this really helps to show what is possible with VR!
    12-12-2016 09:29 AM
    I can see why viewing 360 photos can be boring. I would be up for a true VR experience of a model home to start with.

But I think an AR approach or option would be cool also. Imagine seeing the layout of a house similar to when Tony is looking at a model of the amusement park:

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails 25211.jpg  
    12-12-2016 04:06 PM
    I can see why viewing 360 photos can be boring. I would be up for a true VR experience of a model home to start with.

But I think an AR approach or option would be cool also. Imagine seeing the layout of a house similar to when Tony is looking at a model of the amusement park:

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    The nice thing about a VR approach is you could in theory place your furniture and room colors how you would like it to see how it works with what you have. Much better then some staged set up.
    12-12-2016 07:54 PM
    The nice thing about a VR approach is you could in theory place your furniture and room colors how you would like it to see how it works with what you have. Much better then some staged set up.
    That is true and would be another cool factor when using VR. Kind of like a VR build your home simulator
    pkcable likes this.
    12-13-2016 05:43 PM
    So it will be like playing Sims in real size or something.

I think it's interesting, I understand it's boring.

We only need to hope this become a little bit more popular and it won't be boring, imagine if you are about to rent a place for a party and you can see the decoration and fill it with people and chnce lights, also recording everything during the event and then watching it again in VR.
    12-13-2016 09:27 PM
    I REALLY appreciated the practical application of this app!
    12-14-2016 08:09 AM