In my perspective we will have to wait too see but the google daydream does have the edge in terms of compatibility.
    10-13-2016 03:40 PM
    Well so far it's only compatible with pixel
    10-13-2016 11:22 PM
    I haven't had the chance to try Daydream just yet, but I have used the Gear VR for quite some time, and I have to say that I think Daydream has the upper hand as well. Even though it will initially only support a couple of phones, the compatibility will easily expand to support a variety of different phones, and the line up for Daydream looks great as well. Overall, I think Daydream will actually improve the Gear VR in the future as well, as Samsung has now been introduced to some serious competition!
    10-19-2016 08:07 AM
    I am interested in seeing how daydream compatibility improves over time. I don't like the gear due to its very limited compatibility with Samsung phones. I would choose the daydream just for device agnostics.
    10-19-2016 11:32 AM
    I certainly hope that Daydream will get better in time as well, but if the rumours about the FOV are true, I'm not so sure about the initial impact. I believe both headsets have pros and cons. I dislike the fact that the GearVR is samsung only (I don't have a samsung phone, so it's really a problem for me ) and it's certainly heavier. But the immersion you'll get from it sounds like it's gonna be better than the Daydream View. Really hope that's not the case as I plan to buy the daydream view as soon as it comes out...
    10-19-2016 02:46 PM
    I thought Gear VR was just a fancy google cardboard?
    10-19-2016 03:27 PM
    Daydream is still very much in it's early stages, but shows great promise.

And the fact that it will work with lot't of phones in the future is huge advantage.
    10-21-2016 10:00 AM
    I thought Gear VR was just a fancy google cardboard?
    Nope, Gear VR is its own platform with its own store and exclusive content. The headset has built-in sensors that remove any noticeable latency and track head motions extremely well.

Although the hardware is made by Samsung, the content is all handled by Oculus... The same Oculus that makes the high end Rift.

Take a look at Oculus.com for more info!
    10-21-2016 12:10 PM
    Nope, Gear VR is its own platform with its own store and exclusive content. The headset has built-in sensors that remove any noticeable latency and track head motions extremely well.

Although the hardware is made by Samsung, the content is all handled by Oculus... The same Oculus that makes the high end Rift.

Take a look at Oculus.com for more info!
    Any good games you can recommend for the gear VR?
    10-22-2016 05:52 AM
    Haven't had a chance to try this out yet. Played with oculus and have cardboard. Really hope to try it out soon
    10-22-2016 07:38 AM
    In my perspective we will have to wait too see but the google daydream does have the edge in terms of compatibility.
    I agree with you Mustaffa..it's too early to say now. In the end any VR will essentially do what they are intended to do. Give one a sense of feeling like they are actually there, immersed with the visuals. ☺
    10-22-2016 07:39 AM
    I can recommend a lot! haha. What types of games are you into?
    10-24-2016 10:42 AM
    I enjoy the heck out of Gun Jack. It's really great with good headphones and a Bluetooth controller.
    10-24-2016 01:43 PM
    Haven't had a chance to try this out yet. Played with oculus and have cardboard. Really hope to try it out soon
    I haven't tried the oculus at all but own a cardboard, so I was wondering how would you rate each of them in terms of immersion on a scale 1-10 (10 awesome, 1 sucks, 5 average)?
    Thanks!
    10-26-2016 10:46 AM
    Same, looking forward to trying them daydream VRs soon...I have never tried the Oculus either though. But VRs are beginning to have more possibilities and are getting a better experience slowly but surely. Especially for phones.. I imagine myself going to long journeys to a different city and just using the Daydream VRs and seating back and relaxing! For long travels it would be handy to use the Daydream VR.
    10-27-2016 02:56 AM
    GearVR is definitely ahead of Daydream... will have to wait til I can actually get my hands on a Daydream device and the headset to see if it changes my mind. From what I have seen so far I don't see the Daydream beating out the GearVR. I love my GearVr... will see what I think later on after I have tried what Google is offering. Cardboard experience was really lacking.
    10-28-2016 09:29 PM
    Well well have to see about that
    10-28-2016 11:35 PM
    we will have a remote control wand pointer with daydream so I'd say it's probably a tad bit better. gear is nice though. nut I have ever to test the wand first
    10-29-2016 01:31 AM
    I just really hope its as good as everyone says it is. I'd definitely love to try it on and see
    10-29-2016 05:32 AM
    I just can't wait, love these contests over the years. a. c. always has em. missing Phil. loving jerry always, Russell cranking since he got here, Alex and Andrew stepping up HUGE always progressing, and new dude Daniel, meh, just joking lol. he seems great so far. great team of people to follow for the best android tech news no doubt.
    10-30-2016 05:46 PM