Hi everyone! I've recently finished development on Drift Racer VR, and I thought I'd share some promo codes here! If you have any questions about the game, fire away!

Play Store Link

Promo Codes:

HVWTSRJHLGPAA558N60N3ZG
    QKAG7VK4G4HYCB3F4E4BPHU

Enjoy!

-Paul
    08-24-2017 06:41 AM
    Nice! Thanks! Used 2nd code! For some reason the game said it was only compatible with my Pixel XL, but NOT with my Galaxy S8. I wonder why? I usually use the S8 in the Daydream these day. I fiddling around with Oreo on the Pixel, hope that's not a problem?

Anyways I will let you know what I think about the game in a couple days.
    08-24-2017 09:11 AM
    Thanks for the heads up pkcable! I'll look into why S8 isn't working.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-24-2017 09:12 AM
    Also wanted to welcome you to our community! And please note we want you to become a part of our community! Because as our Community Rules & Guidelines says, .....

Companies, Developers, & Service Providers - We encourage all companies, developer and service providers to engage in our forums. However, we kindly ask that in addition to posting links to any products or services you offer, you support these threads by answering questions, giving updates, and providing timely advise when appropriate. Long story short - engage with the members in our forums! For more information (and to inquire how to receive an ‘official’ company account, contact our Community Manager James Falconer at james at mobilenations dot com. Also, we encourage you to read our notes below on Spamming.
    Spamming - Blatant spammers looking to shamelessly promote and drop links will be banned immediately. Our moderation teams endeavour to differentiate between spammers and legitimate companies/individuals looking to engage in our forums. If you’re a legitimate company, individual or service provider looking to get in touch with our community, we encourage you to become a productive member of our community. In this case, posting of links is fine (actually encouraged), but we ask that you support our membership by answering questions, giving updates, and providing timely advice when appropriate.

For more information, or if you would like to promote or advertise your products or services, please contact our Community Manager James Falconer at james at mobilenations.com.
    08-24-2017 09:15 AM
    Thanks for the welcome pkcable!

What version of Android do you have on the S8? I have the minimum Android version set to 7.1. Sadly I don't have a Galaxy to test with :\
    08-24-2017 09:23 AM
    Thanks for the welcome pkcable!

What version of Android do you have on the S8? I have the minimum Android version set to 7.1. Sadly I don't have a Galaxy to test with :\

That may be it, the S8 is reporting itself to be on 7.0. No worries though, I'll just try with my Pixel XL As long as there are know Oreo issues.
    08-24-2017 11:17 AM
    Welcome!

Looking good. How is your experience programing Drift Racer VR thus far?
    pkcable likes this.
    08-24-2017 06:45 PM
    It was an awesome project to work on. I've always had a passion for racing games, so it was fun to make one of my own! I put a ton of time into getting the drifting physics just right. It's tricky to get the hang of initially, but once you figure out how to oversteer/understeer and apply the gas right you can end up zipping around the tracks quite fast.

I think a lot of this game was subconsciously inspired by hours of playing Gran Turismo lol
    08-24-2017 07:31 PM
    Worked nicely on the Pixel! IF you would like me to test on the S8, I would be happy to do so, just let me know and provide me with an APK that I can sideload. I already have a license thanks to your generous code.
    08-25-2017 08:59 AM
    That would be great! I'll shoot you a pm.
    08-25-2017 09:03 AM
    That would be great! I'll shoot you a pm.
    Not looking good. BUT I will try downloading tonight under WiFi, and with a more stable connection. The cellular at my office is iffy at best, lol But it appeared to download and I got an error message about the package not parsing. You probably made the right choice going 7.1 and above! BUT I'll let you know for sure tonight!
    08-25-2017 09:54 AM
    BTW I LOVE the control mechanism! It takes a little getting used to, BUT it's VERY functional, and almost like having an actual steering wheel! GREAT job!
    08-25-2017 09:56 AM
    Nice! Yeah once you get a feel for the cars and drifting it becomes super fun. I feel the depth of the game lies in the subtlety of coordinating the angle of the drift, oversteer/understeer, and throttle. When you nail a good turn = awesome.

That apk link I gave you is still set to 7.1. I'll resend you a link to a version that works with 7.0. Thanks again for testing it!
    08-25-2017 10:12 AM
    Nice! Yeah once you get a feel for the cars and drifting it becomes super fun. I feel the depth of the game lies in the subtlety of coordinating the angle of the drift, oversteer/understeer, and throttle. When you nail a good turn = awesome.

That apk link I gave you is still set to 7.1. I'll resend you a link to a version that works with 7.0. Thanks again for testing it!
    Installed fine, BUT my controller is dead! lol Playing last night on the Pixel probably killed it! lol I'll try again after lunch, BUT I think it's gonna work, it installed and ran up to the prompt for the controller!
    08-25-2017 11:12 AM
    SOB!!!!!! I now know that the controller can not be paired to the Pixel and the S8 at the SAME time! One of them MUST be turned off! LOL Ah well live and learn. Anyways the game runs fine on my S8, I had no issues as far as I could tell.
    08-25-2017 12:02 PM
    Right on! Thanks for checking!
    pkcable likes this.
    08-25-2017 01:35 PM