Folks,

I have a fairly nice set of V-Moda Crossfades and they work GREAT, but I have been thinking about trying bluetooth with my Daydream. Is this possible? Are there certain headphones to look for, or any technologies to make sure to get?
    01-12-2017 11:20 AM
  2. Chemy JMHT said: Best Answer

The short answer is Yes, you can use almost any Bluetooth Headphones with your Daydream device, but not because of that it will be the best experience for VR.

The long answer, not recommended so far, not all Bluetooth headphones can sync fast enough the audio with what is projected on the smartphone's screen, so if you are in a VR experience where that's important you won't enjoy the experience.

You may do some things in order to reduce that, like closing any other app beside the Daydream on the phone and having a good pair of headphones (BTW as far I know V-Moda is simply great), that in order to have the most processing power available to translate the audio data (what the software wants you to hear in the smartphone) in radio signals (the electromagnetic signals from the smartphone to the headphones) and then again in audio (in the headphones).

Don't get me wrong, having a total Wireless experience with Daydream is simply great, one advantage is because the last thing you want to do is get yourself tangled in a headphone cord as you swing the controller back and forth while in a experience, so if you are enjoying something which you can handle the lack of sync from audio and video, it will be perfect.

To use your headphones you first need to pair and connect it to the smartphone, won't be easy doing it while in Daydream if the headphones and the phone don't have the auto connect option and even if it has it you may be needing to select the audio output, so do it before, not during.

I hardly recommend to read this article with more info about which headphones could be good and some other recommendations:

How to use Bluetooth headphones with Google Daydream | VRHeads

I hope I helped you.
    The short answer is Yes, you can use almost any Bluetooth Headphones with your Daydream device, but not because of that it will be the best experience for VR.

The long answer, not recommended so far, not all Bluetooth headphones can sync fast enough the audio with what is projected on the smartphone's screen, so if you are in a VR experience where that's important you won't enjoy the experience.

You may do some things in order to reduce that, like closing any other app beside the Daydream on the phone and having a good pair of headphones (BTW as far I know V-Moda is simply great), that in order to have the most processing power available to translate the audio data (what the software wants you to hear in the smartphone) in radio signals (the electromagnetic signals from the smartphone to the headphones) and then again in audio (in the headphones).

Don't get me wrong, having a total Wireless experience with Daydream is simply great, one advantage is because the last thing you want to do is get yourself tangled in a headphone cord as you swing the controller back and forth while in a experience, so if you are enjoying something which you can handle the lack of sync from audio and video, it will be perfect.

To use your headphones you first need to pair and connect it to the smartphone, won't be easy doing it while in Daydream if the headphones and the phone don't have the auto connect option and even if it has it you may be needing to select the audio output, so do it before, not during.

I hardly recommend to read this article with more info about which headphones could be good and some other recommendations:

How to use Bluetooth headphones with Google Daydream | VRHeads

I hope I helped you.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-12-2017 12:07 PM