So, I think my excitement for VR (and particularly the Daydream, because it's most likely looking like it'll be my foray into the VR world) is kinda boring compared to more mainstream uses like video games, Netflix, chilling, etc... What I'm excited for, is being able to connect some sort of keyboard and use Google Docs, with the freedom to lay out multiple windows around me. I always feel so constrained when trying to get work done on my laptop, tiling my windows so they each fit half the page. It would be a godsend to be able to have all my windows open all at once, all around me. Better yet, it would be pretty cool to change the environment in which I'm sitting and working as well.

So though I'm pretty sure the answer will be "No," because I haven't heard anything either - but has anyone heard anything at all about Daydream apps headed in this direction? Or otherwise, do any of the other VR setups have any sort of app like this?
    10-25-2016 01:01 AM
    You can work on your pc with the HTC Vive and Oculus using virtual desktop and technically you can connect your PC to the PSVR too but you won't get to change your surroundings. Hololens is working a lot on productivity but that would be using office.
    10-25-2016 09:12 AM
    So, I think my excitement for VR (and particularly the Daydream, because it's most likely looking like it'll be my foray into the VR world) is kinda boring compared to more mainstream uses like video games, Netflix, chilling, etc... What I'm excited for, is being able to connect some sort of keyboard and use Google Docs, with the freedom to lay out multiple windows around me. I always feel so constrained when trying to get work done on my laptop, tiling my windows so they each fit half the page. It would be a godsend to be able to have all my windows open all at once, all around me. Better yet, it would be pretty cool to change the environment in which I'm sitting and working as well.

So though I'm pretty sure the answer will be "No," because I haven't heard anything either - but has anyone heard anything at all about Daydream apps headed in this direction? Or otherwise, do any of the other VR setups have any sort of app like this?
    Do you mean Remote desktop on your phone/VR? I think that's possible
    10-31-2016 11:07 AM
    You can work on your pc with the HTC Vive and Oculus using virtual desktop and technically you can connect your PC to the PSVR too but you won't get to change your surroundings. Hololens is working a lot on productivity but that would be using office.
    That's super cool... sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, and I'm looking forward to trying that out.

Do you mean Remote desktop on your phone/VR? I think that's possible
    And that's a good way to do it! I hope some native mobile VR apps come out, for things like Google Docs and whatnot, but in the meantime, just using remote desktop should work as well.
    10-31-2016 01:22 PM
    If you are still looking for a solution for it, you may want to try SPACE (getspace.io). It currently supports HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, and suits exactly the same use case as you mentioned.
    01-20-2017 05:07 PM

OK, if you already have the Daydream device you might try this:

1. install SteamVR
    2. install BigScreen
    3. Install and run VRidge/Riftcat on both computer and phone, preferably find a way to connect via cable.
    4. Inside VRidge run SteamVR (not from steam). Then inside steam run the Room Setup. Click through it.
    5. Inside steam run BigScreen, it should work.

All listed are free software, but there is a problem, you will have to run it with the settings as low as possible because of the lag, also try it with a wired (USB) connection.
    01-21-2017 05:47 PM
    and one more thing, Bigscreen is not Daydream compatible,it's cardboard compatible, but the developers are working to bring it to Daydream
    pkcable likes this.
    01-21-2017 05:49 PM
    and one more thing, Bigscreen is not Daydream compatible,it's cardboard compatible, but the developers are working to bring it to Daydream
    Most cardboard apps are now Daydream compatible. I'll do some testing on this once I get my Z Force in (Thursday 3/23)
    03-20-2017 09:06 PM
    I seem to remember that Riftcat has a Gear VR compatibility option ... wonder if this would work for that as well? I never did get any of the other desktop streaming options to work, but it's been a while so might be worth another try.
    03-21-2017 05:27 PM
    I seem to remember that Riftcat has a Gear VR compatibility option ... wonder if this would work for that as well? I never did get any of the other desktop streaming options to work, but it's been a while so might be worth another try.
    Hey I don't come in to your section!!!!!!

Totally NOT true, I post in GearVR all the time LOL. Teasing
    03-21-2017 10:46 PM
    Most cardboard apps are now Daydream compatible. I'll do some testing on this once I get my Z Force in (Thursday 3/23)
    So, how the Moto Z Force is? have you already receive it?

That's the phone which take my attention the most.
    03-23-2017 02:38 PM
    So, how the Moto Z Force is? have you already receive it?

That's the phone which take my attention the most.
    JUST got it had it for about an hour. . Thread coming in a few
    Firegold21 and Chemy JMHT like this.
    03-23-2017 03:30 PM