There are a lot of Daydream Games that I'll be purchasing and trying out over the holidays and wanted to see what other people thought of the games they downloaded or bought.

Mention the game, its price, what phone you used it on and the pros/cons to the experience.

Thanks!
    12-24-2016 08:12 PM
    I bought ArcSlinger on sale for 4.99 on the Moto Z Force. Like the commenters in the play store said, the app doesn't start out recording your progress until you go to the app settings in the phone and allow for it to access storage. Then you have to do a fresh start (close it by swiping it in the recent apps I think worked for me).

The game play is fun. Until the Z Force gets too hot (less than 10 min of play). I've noticed what I call Screen Crystals that show up. Screen Crystals aren't something that can be captured in a screenshot apparently (I tried to capture them, but they don't show up) but are bright vertical rectangles of pixels that appear almost like static. They don't stay in the same place, but seem to clump together vertically and appear and disappear like static on the screen.

Activating the ArcSlings is a little frustrating, especially in the heat of a shoot out, but I think practice will make better. The difficulty does increase as the game goes on, but I do make progress which is good.

I recommend this game if you like VR games with no motion (just a pivoting view) and really want to take advantage of the daydream remote.
    12-25-2016 05:25 PM
    Wonder Glade is a free game that feels like it should be a paid game. The most recent upgrade adds a new mini game (basketball) as well as a multiplayer mode.

The mini games range from putting out fires with a fire hose, put-put golf, wand waiving collecting treasures, and roll a ball around on a tilting board to run a race. Collecting tickets throughout all the mini games allows you to upgrade mini game equipment.

No Screen Crystallizing observed in this one, although the Z Force phone can get hot.

I hope to find some kind of cooling solution (thinking of freezing dawn packets or something like that) to allow for longer play periods, especially if I'm going to be using some of these games in multiplayer mode. I don't mind taking a break every now and again to let the phone cool down, but with a group of people, it might get annoying.

Highly recommend Wonder Glade. You won't be disappointed if you're into mini game type games.
    12-25-2016 06:32 PM
    Mekorama in the VR version is the same game as the phone or tablet version, but the mechanics are a bit different. I actually think I prefer the phone mechanics over the VR, maybe it's because I'm further in the phone version, but using the wand to select the location to move the robot seemed cumbersome. Also, the 'over scroll' effect in the VR game can be disorienting. I'll continue to play it just because I'm a big fan of these types of games, but I think I would recommend the free phone version over the 3.99 VR version.
    12-26-2016 10:12 PM
    Mekorama in the VR version is the same game as the phone or tablet version, but the mechanics are a bit different. I actually think I prefer the phone mechanics over the VR, maybe it's because I'm further in the phone version, but using the wand to select the location to move the robot seemed cumbersome. Also, the 'over scroll' effect in the VR game can be disorienting. I'll continue to play it just because I'm a big fan of these types of games, but I think I would recommend the free phone version over the 3.99 VR version.
    I agree. Mekorama VR is fun but I wish we could zoom out a little b/c I have run into multiple areas where using the wand is cumbersome b/c it has you so close to the objects you are trying to manipulate.
    12-30-2016 07:32 AM
    I picked up Archer E. Bowman last night (~$5), and really enjoyed my first run with it on my Pixel. The controls are great (you look to aim, and use the trackpad to move around), and though it starts easy, once you get to level 6 things start getting pretty hairy.
    01-04-2017 10:43 AM
    My favorite game thus far is probably Wands. There is something just way too fun about chucking spells at your opponents and having to transport around a dungeon in order to dodge their offensive spells.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-11-2017 11:29 AM
    My favorite game thus far is probably Wands. There is something just way too fun about chucking spells at your opponents and having to transport around a dungeon in order to dodge their offensive spells.
    Interesting! I saw a demo of the game which discouraged me from getting it, but you say it's pretty fun? Maybe I'll have to give it a shot! Thanks Jen!

Hey Jen, have you played Hunters Gate yet? I'm tempted to try it out...
    01-11-2017 12:09 PM
    Interesting! I saw a demo of the game which discouraged me from getting it, but you say it's pretty fun? Maybe I'll have to give it a shot! Thanks Jen!

Hey Jen, have you played Hunters Gate yet? I'm tempted to try it out...
    I have heard that Hunter's is THE game to get, but so far I have not shelled out the 7 bucks for it. Not sure why I'm so cheap, considering what I spend on adult entertainment and Clash of Clans.
    01-12-2017 12:18 PM
    I have heard that Hunter's is THE game to get, but so far I have not shelled out the 7 bucks for it. Not sure why I'm so cheap, considering what I spend on adult entertainment and Clash of Clans.
    Hunter's Gate is really, really good. I suspect people will be much less likely to experience discomfort from its third-person perspective than the all-too-prevalent FPS in non-VR gaming. It takes a little time to get used to moving around, and there are two different styles of targeting available (I recommend trying both to find the one with which you're more comfortable), but once you get settled in it is both enjoyable and engaging. You'll definitely want to be playing it from a chair that can swivel, unless you have an extraordinarily limber neck...

I don't think any of the games out, to date, really show what DayDream is capable of just yet - but at $7, HG provides a glimpse. (caveat: at $12.99, I haven't yet tried out GunJack 2).
    pkcable likes this.
    01-16-2017 10:08 AM
    I bought Hunter's Gate and was really impressed for the first hour or so. Cool graphics, fun collecting coins and jewels that increase abilities of my character, good sound track, and unique game style. However, after getting about halfway through the game, I find it a little repetitive. There are 3 worlds and each world has a handful of levels, but all the levels within the world are pretty much the same landscape. Foes are pretty much the same in all the worlds and just take more ammo to kill as the game goes on. There are no bosses or end characters to make you feel like you've overcome a level, just more of the same 4 or 5 bad guys. I'll play the game to beat it, but had I not spent the $6-7 on it, I would probably move on to another game. I really wish that the level progression, weapon upgrades and ability upgrades were more, I don't know, significant?
    pkcable likes this.
    01-24-2017 06:29 PM
    Can you play Wands solo, or does it have to be against other humans? That's been the main question holding me up from grabbing it, and they don't seem clear in the description.
    01-27-2017 02:23 PM
    There are a lot of Daydream Games that I'll be purchasing and trying out over the holidays and wanted to see what other people thought of the games they downloaded or bought.

Mention the game, its price, what phone you used it on and the pros/cons to the experience.

Thanks!
    Hey canonboy4!, awesome question. I personally don't own any games yet
    BUT
    One of our writers Russell Holly actually made a really nice post HERE containing a nice set games for Google DayDream that he recommends. It got a big range of titles from racing to kiddies to guns and gore. Hope this might help you out
    01-28-2017 01:47 AM
    as PKCable posted here: http://forums.vrheads.com/daydream-v...mes-apps-9716/

Daydream is about to get a lot of content, so the list is growing up faster.
    01-28-2017 04:29 PM
    There's a game called Bait! It's a fishing game that's pretty cool
    01-30-2017 08:46 AM
    Bait! is surprisingly fun. I'm also really digging vTime.
    01-31-2017 10:53 AM
    I tried out Cosmic Chef since it went on sale. It's a rhythm based game, kind of like the Rabbid Rabbits rhythm based mini games. I found the game to be cute, it has some entertaining moments, but overall I didn't feel like it would be a game that would keep me engaged for multiple game plays. One thing that I found to be a little frustrating was the lack of feedback as to whether I was successfully connecting on beat with the flying food or not. I'd go entire rounds thinking I was doing OK, then at the end I would only get 2 out of 3 stars. I guess with the similar Wii rhythm type games I was spoiled with haptic feedback that just doesn't exist in the daydream platform.

Sorry to say I uninstalled Cosmic Chef after about 30 minutes of playing it.

On to another game...
    02-15-2017 11:08 AM
    Has anyone played the cardboard game Bomb Squad VR in the daydream headset? It looks like a fun game, and I assume it works with a BT controller like a moga. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or other cardboard games in the daydream headset?
    02-15-2017 11:12 AM