I have a strange Daydream controller problem.
    I bought my set in the US, tried it and everything was working great.
    I then took a flight home, and tried the set again after a few days, but now the controller axis seems wrong.
    When I move the controller up and down, it moves almost full left and right, and vice versa.
    I have read that there is some geolocation bug, where the controller is calibrated when it first paired, and then if you move too far from this location it's problematic.

I have tried to uninstall the Daydream app, clear VR services data, reset the controller (I think) with connecting USB and pressing both buttons, tapping the controller.
    Nothing helps.
    I have no drift as much as I can see, just the axis are wrong.
    Any help would be appreciated..
    04-21-2018 01:53 PM
    I had the same problem, seems the gyroscope can get out of calibration. I called support and they had me do the power cable reset twice.
    Plug the controller in to a power source. set it flat on a table and hold it still as possible, press and hold the app and home button for 2 seconds and release. Keep holding the remote as still as possible for a few seconds. if it does not work restart your phone and repeat.

Initially it did not fix it, but I let it set for a few minutes and it started working fine again the next time i tried it.
    04-23-2018 10:56 AM
    I had the same problem, seems the gyroscope can get out of calibration. I called support and they had me do the power cable reset twice.
    Plug the controller in to a power source. set it flat on a table and hold it still as possible, press and hold the app and home button for 2 seconds and release. Keep holding the remote as still as possible for a few seconds. if it does not work restart your phone and repeat.

Initially it did not fix it, but I let it set for a few minutes and it started working fine again the next time i tried it.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-06-2018 12:10 PM
    Great answer, for the regular procedure search "Recalibrate" in the article @pkcable suggested also, but basically is the same procedure that @Rick Salvador said
    pkcable likes this.
    05-13-2018 09:34 PM